Extensions - quality vs price?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlotteR

Reaction score
There are many extension threads on here but I wanted to ask for some opinions on quality vs price with clientele?

I always prefer to pay a little more for higher quality extensions, knowing that they will look better and last longer for my clients; however when I speak to people that are thinking of getting extensions, they often can't justify the higher prices (unless they are already certain on wanting extensions, which I am then able to give the necessary reasons for better quality extensions).

Do you think that I should be finding a budget supplier who can meet my local clientele's ideal price, knowing that they may be a little disappointed with the quality?

Please let me know your thoughts! :)

You can find good quality hair for reasonable price.Try Glamlox Hair extensions or angel

Shop around, I use Archie Lloyds as my higher range supplier, there is 40% trade discount to.

There are many extension threads on here but I wanted to ask for some opinions on quality vs price with clientele?

I always prefer to pay a little more for higher quality extensions, knowing that they will look better and last longer for my clients; however when I speak to people that are thinking of getting extensions, they often can't justify the higher prices (unless they are already certain on wanting extensions, which I am then able to give the necessary reasons for better quality extensions).

Do you think that I should be finding a budget supplier who can meet my local clientele's ideal price, knowing that they may be a little disappointed with the quality?

Hey

What prices are your clients classing as a higher price ? Some suppliers charge loads and the hair is awful and some charge good prices and the hair is good too. It just depends really which is what makes it even so more confusing !

I use Euphoria Brazilian and the quality for the price I have to say is one of the best I have ever tried. The quality is consistent and the hair texture doesn't change at all throughout, I think they are very reasonably priced but I know there is cheaper and dearer hair brands out there but then the quality could be compromised if you go too cheap?
hair planet Indian is good too but I don't rate their Russian hair.
It's the same as anything. you will always be able to source cheaper somewhere else but is it worth the risk of getting complaints? I think it's all too much hassle. X

Been there- done that! Finding a company that provides both is the best answer to this problem. I myself was in this same boat and when I found the line that met this criteria- I became an educator for them. I have a client who has worn a set of these extensions for a straight 15 months and it still looks good! Other lines I had used in the past, 6 months was pushing it...for a set of 18" extensions stylist cost is around $260+ shipping and tax (if applicable)!!! I will post a few pics of a few of my clients below!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 16
  • unnamed copy.jpg
    unnamed copy.jpg
    436.2 KB · Views: 15
Been there- done that! Finding a company that provides both is the best answer to this problem. I myself was in this same boat and when I found the line that met this criteria- I became an educator for them. I have a client who has worn a set of these extensions for a straight 15 months and it still looks good! Other lines I had used in the past, 6 months was pushing it...for a set of 18" extensions stylist cost is around $260+ shipping and tax (if applicable)!!! I will post a few pics of a few of my clients below!
Thank you!

Latest posts

Back