Eyebrow waxing technique?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle'xo

Reaction score
Just a little querie. Was taught in college and always myself wax the top of the eyebrow whilst doing an eyebrow wax. Was just wondering if most salons do this as I've heard a few people say they never wax the top of the eyebrow due to it being the eyebrows natural shape, however I know myself that I prefer a clean fresh wax line above and below my eyebrows! Have a trades test within a salon this week so just thought i'd ask before hand! Thanks guys!x

Ask the client if she wants it waxed above. Some clients do want it waxed above and some don't. Personal preference.

I'm HD Brow trained and wax above when doing a HD Brow treatment. If a client comes for just a brow wax I ALWAYS ask if they want waxing above the brow, some like it but some dont and only want the visible brow hair from the brow bone removing xx

I always wax above. But I don't always change the shape.
I found when I asked if they usually have it done they wouldn't know and just say 'do what you think is beat your the professional).
So I do, after asking what shape they want and showing them in the mirror what I'm going to do. Even if it just takes 2 strays out. I feel I get a better shape and now they expect it haha

Laura💋

Always ask the client.

I went to a new salon for a brow wax as I was given a voucher as a gift and they waxed above the brow without asking me. I actually wanted to walk out as soon as she had done the one side but obviously didn't want odd brows so I allowed her to finish the brows and left - I was supposed to book in for other treatments to use the rest of the voucher but I never went back there.

I have nice brows without needing to wax above & so I was really miffed they waxed above (all this was before I trained too).

As much as Id love to wax some clients' upper brow line as it blends into their hairline, unfortunately I have to ask and possibly try to explain why it would look better to clean up. I always ask what they Love about their brows and what they dont want changed?

Thanks girls!x

Not shaping the brow from above was something that someone put out there many many years ago saying "it ruins the shape of the brow". But times have moved on, and if the brow needs it - then why not. :)

Good luck with your test

If the client wants/ needs it then its fine but other than that I leave it alone. But always check with the client first.

Latest posts

Back