Eyelash extensions kit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lktanning

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I'm doing my eyelash training in a couple of weeks and I've already got my kit but I was wondering what else I need. (I'm doing it mobile)

I know i'll obviously need a beauty couch and a stool for myself but is there any thing else you can think of?

Any suggestions would be really helpful xxxx

You'll need a beauty trolly to put all your equipment on xx

Leely x

You might want some sort of light if you are mobile, you never know what peoples lighting will be like in there houses. Also a neck pillow and a roll for under there knees as they are laid down for so long.

Thank you! Xxx

Hi
I'm doing a course soon too and hoping to go mobile. I thought people probably just laid on their sofa or something? I know this prob sound silly but I just thought I'd only need the kit of extensions.
Problem is I'm going to either be walking or biking locally, what do you think? Do I HAVE to have a beauty table/bed thing? Thanks x

Hi
I'm doing a course soon too and hoping to go mobile. I thought people probably just laid on their sofa or something? I know this prob sound silly but I just thought I'd only need the kit of extensions.
Problem is I'm going to either be walking or biking locally, what do you think? Do I HAVE to have a beauty table/bed thing? Thanks x

Yes you would need a beauty couch. There is a range if portable ones that are suitable. Unless you are doing express lashes which can be done sitting you will find it very strenuous for your back doing it without couch

Hi

No don't worry! My clients lay on beds/settees. I'm physically unable to carry even "lightweight" beds along with my kit (weak due to medical issue) and most folk are completely fine with it! Even had one woman say she'd refuse to lay on it if I had one anyway as her previous lash techs bed collapsed with her on it! :s
X

Bearing in mind its not a quick treatment, you're not going to know how high peoples chairs are so you are most likely going to be high up and the couch low down, meaning a bad back for you and possibly your client. Youre assuming you can sit how you need to and reach your lashes and that their head wont be a weird angle depending on the arms. It also looks sooooo unprofessional!!! Not sure how it affects insurance.
I would only expect to pay really cheap for someone doing it like that.

I dont drive so I have clients come to me. Never had a problem so far xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for everyone's advice!
LMA-do you need a good lamp or can you tell me how you get on sitting on their chairs and them being maybe too low for you?
Do you only have a kit of lashes then??
Thanks everyone x

Thanks for everyone's advice!
LMA-do you need a good lamp or can you tell me how you get on sitting on their chairs and them being maybe too low for you?
Do you only have a kit of lashes then??
Thanks everyone x

I bought a wee clip on light (made for books I think) that I attach to my glasses. I've heard of a couple of people on here that use head lamp things though. Anything like that is ideal as it's small enough and you just need your head lol.
And when I go for the patch test I try see what I'll be dealing with and if such issues are there I allow a little extra time and let them know I'll need extra little breaks to stand up and not let my back and other things seize up. They tend to appreciate having a moment to wiggle whilst I've not got sharp tweezers near their eyes actually lol.
And yeah I've a small case with just about everything I need inside but keep that within a larger bag with a couple of other bits and clipboard (with client record sheets and price list / few leaflets)

I've apologised to people in the past for not having a portable bed because I worried about looking less professional but most said they didn't expect me to have one anyway. I keep myself presentable though and alway wear clean black tunic and bottoms.
X

Latest posts

Back