Fabric# problems.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutie'cool nail

Reaction score
I have spoken to lots of people on this fantastic site, whom all have been of great help and I thank you all. I did a Creative course back in November, in L&P. I was told to do L&P as it is apparently the hardest system to learn and then go on to do other systems, which I have done. I do not like L&P so chose to do a silk course as I used to have my own nails done in this system. I now feel really quite confident in doing this system and all was going well. Now trying to better the system I was using (The Edge, Alida) I wanted to try the Fabric# system which I have heard such good reports on. I have been advised to actually go on a Fabric conversion course, but really do feel after doing the course in silk and being given the expert advise from lots of you guys this would not be necessary. I have purchased the starter kit and looked at all the tutorials, but still after lots and lots of hard effort and time seem to be having teething problems. Is there anyone out there who could answer some of my questions as to where I am going wrong because I am doing exactly step by step what the guide lines say and feel that I can almost answer my own questions! but it is still going wrong. I was just going to give up, but I really don't want to because I know this can work and this is why I am still here trying to sort out probably something very simple. I have opened a 2nd bottle of MTW which seems to be much better in consistency, so that could have been a dodgy bottle!

Anyway - After much practice, I do still find on the end result the white is not crisp it looks like it has bled and I do let the MTW dry for 3 minutes. When I place on the silk when I have bonded over the top I do find that the silk doesn't want to stick on the MTW very well, so when I lightly file after build, the silk isn't really firmly stuck and wants to lift up when I file on the free edge. Sometimes, I can also see the weave through the end result, should I be using more bond to saturate the silk or should I do more build? I know there is no said way in using this product, but whatever way I do it I am not 100% happy with the end result - yes I can go back to my original system, but I do really want to achieve this with the permanent MTW. Also, a cracking/shattered look is this due to over 'boosting'? Like I said I find that I can answer all the questions I am asking so why is it going so wrong when I change to say a much smaller sized 'boost' or try more bond. Please help, someone must be able to help me without doing yet another course. I did do a one to one on Fabric# for a few hours, but am still having these problems.

Please any help would be so appreciated, before I throw the lot out of the B----- window!!

MTW Fan - NOT!!

Thanks, Lisa X

i know you've received lots of sound advice on your queries with fabric, and you sound very grateful, however, i really do think that all the "blind" advice on here is no longer going to benefit you.

you really would benefit from some hands on training with a tutor, as it is so much more productive to see what is going on, rather than second guessing.
if you're not careful you will find yourself going round and round in circles, and it would be a shame to waste all your hard work and perseverance that you've put in so far :Love:

if you can wait a few moe weeks untill earls court exhibition (sept 11th/12th)
you may be able to speak to one of the creative team on the stand. they may be able to give u a demo,it depends on what they r demo-ing .

if not go back to your creative academy and do the fabric induction day.
i know you have the kit, but it's the cheapest of all the kits, so even tho you will be buying another kit, you will get a day of instruction aswell.
someone may well try to help you on here, but i would really advice u to do the induction day so you dont get frustrated and spoil all your hard work. :Love:
liza

Thanks Liza for your reply. I was just hoping that a one to one for a few hours would do the trick!! Thanks anyway, I will be at the exhibition so hopefully will pick up some useful tips here.

Lisa X

a 1-1 usually does the trick, however the induction course gives you longer to absorb all the info, and you only pay for your products.
my point was more to help you progress more effectively, rather than get frustrated by only being able to "read & learn" on here.
i know you have learnt some valuable things on here, we all do, but sometimes it just needs to be seen to be fully understood.
the best time as a teacher is when u have that "teaching moment" when you see the lightbulb go off in your students head!
i would love for you to experience that, it would save you a lot of frustration along the way!
good luck with what you decide to do
liza x

Latest posts

Back