Facebook and increasing likes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Extensionista

Reaction score
Any tips on increasing engagement or number of people who see your page on Facebook??? I have about 320 likes and my last post was only shown to 17 people!! I refuse to pay every time I want to communicate with my customers! So infuriating!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why but I have less likes than you but my last post - unpaid - was seen by over 1000 people. I think it definitely depends on what you post but I think time is important, so I think around 7pm is good. I also ask people to share. They often like as well and don't realise that is different to sharing!

That post was a one off. Most are several hundred as the norm!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Facebook is so fickle, it drives me nuts!

What is key is getting likers to interact in some way- if people dont regularly interact with your page then facebook stops bringing it up on their news feed- meaning less see it.
Dont always pay attention to that number either- i've found its complete rubbish when I actually asked my likers if they could see me- many more saw me then the statistics would have had me believe.
Try actually asking people to lie or comment if they see you- doing this means firstly, they interact (yay they will carry on seeing you then!) and secondly, you will get an idea of how many can see you.

I've been doing a little bit of research if you like with Facebook. I've noticed a lot of companies/shops/suppliers uploading pictures of products or services. One, to showcase their work or product. And two, items that relate to what they sell/offer.
For example a shop that sales clothes/shoes etc recently uploaded a picture of a glitter fade manicure. There were over 1000 comments and likes (I can't see the possible shares).
My point is (I see you do extensions) could you maybe post a group of images (Instagram collage) of a latest clients extensions and then maybe fashion styles you'd team with it or retail items you may/might sale. I hope that makes sense.

Worth a try though? X

I have less than 200 likes in my page and some of my posts get seen by hundreds too (I was confused)... Until it hit me why!
I don't always post appointments available or offers,.. I post tips, hints, even hair and beauty related (meme's)
My Fb is also linked to my twitter. I tag my beauty therapist in some of my posts and she does the same.

I also found if I post first thing in the morning "early" 06.00 or something ridiculous, it's in the first posts people see when they wake up checking fb with a coffee...

Also late at night and lunch time...I noticed too that if I post 2 very close together it only shows one post on people's newsfeeds with one of the posts only seen by say 4 people.

You can check that yourself, if you see a "like pages" post in your feed, go check that page out, you will probsbly find that page had posted a few posts in an hour but only shows you 1... Crafty fb!!

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used to get a good amount of views on each post i scheduled to post at 7am then facebook stopped showing my posts at the same time, obviously they don't want me making the most of a free service!!

:)

Fb are getting a pain in the a%[£

I do the social media for my family's business (not beauty related - setting up my beauty page at moment) but some of the stuff learnt from the course I'm on (EU funded thought the council it's great) posting 2 photos is better than 1, like and share competitions are illegal and they can take ur page down for sharing - because of people's privacy setting you might see only 50 names tho 100 people have shared it and they can take ur page down, http://likealyzer.com is a great tool rates ur Facebook page and tells you what things can Improve on. I have to admit I love Facebook and find it very cheap for advertising - we tried magazines, newspapers, google ads, twitter ads but Facebook ads defo beat them all for value for money, reach and return. Sorry I'm a geek lol love the social media too! Stick at the Facebook tho it's worth it in the long run! 😃👍

Hi LadyGti
Can you tell me where I'm going wrong with like alyzer? I've copied the link for my fb page in the box it asks, and it tells me it is not a valid Facebook page - how can that be?
X

Hi Shelbert,
It should work as long as it's a business page won't work if it's a personal profile. Never experienced it not working to be honest. If your Facebook is a personal profile you can convert it to a business page and it will convert the friends into likes and so you'll have the page but not lost your clients off it.
Sorry I'm not much help as to why it isn't working for you unless it's a personal profile but it is a brilliant tool for the business page.
Ladygti xx

Thanks so much for all the responses and ladygti I'm definitely going to try that app. Love the idea of sharing just anything glam and girly as well. Going to make more of an effort with it I think xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im also trying the link and its saying invalid as well, mine is a business page and im using it as my buisness rather than as myself if that makes sense? how strange

Yes bonnie@lashout. I agree - I'm even copying the link from my business page and it's saying invalid??

I just did the link thingy and it worked...

Not sure if this will help...I found my business page on Google (using phone app) copied link to clipboard...pasted in the box remove the last bits of text that comes after your business name and it worked.

Your link should be..
https://m.facebook.com/(insert business name) and that's it... No ? after it noting.

I did it yesterday and it worked I did what KHS has said above and a found it a fab tool tells you what you are doing right & wrong and give you little tips to improve your page
what a great little app ladygti thanks for sharing :)

I do the social media for my family's business (not beauty related - setting up my beauty page at moment) but some of the stuff learnt from the course I'm on (EU funded thought the council it's great) posting 2 photos is better than 1, like and share competitions are illegal and they can take ur page down for sharing - because of people's privacy setting you might see only 50 names tho 100 people have shared it and they can take ur page down, Analyze your Facebook page - LikeAlyzer is a great tool rates ur Facebook page and tells you what things can Improve on. I have to admit I love Facebook and find it very cheap for advertising - we tried magazines, newspapers, google ads, twitter ads but Facebook ads defo beat them all for value for money, reach and return. Sorry I'm a geek lol love the social media too! Stick at the Facebook tho it's worth it in the long run! 😃👍
Thanks for sharing this link, I've just checked my page with it and there's lots I can improve on. I have 1,333 likes but I could be using my page to better effect :) for example my timing is apparently 'way off' and my posts would get better results between 12pm and 3pm instead of 6-9pm which is usually the time I post. x

Thanks for sharing this link, I've just checked my page with it and there's lots I can improve on. I have 1,333 likes but I could be using my page to better effect :) for example my timing is apparently 'way off' and my posts would get better results between 12pm and 3pm instead of 6-9pm which is usually the time I post. x

Mine said the same - between 12-3pm - I want to know where they get this from because I strongly believe it depends on your target market. IE most people are at work at that time.

I have found that tagging people in my posts has been a great way to increase visibility!

Mine said the same - between 12-3pm - I want to know where they get this from because I strongly believe it depends on your target market. IE most people are at work at that time.

Aren't most people on Facebook at work lol x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back