Facebook, does it bring you much business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rach's nails

Reaction score
For those of you who have a Facebook page (probably most of you) Do you find it brings you much business?
I have one and post pictures, nail/beauty tips, aftercare products I get lots of likes and views but it doesn't seem to bring me much in the way of business.

I have a Facebook business page for my freelance work, and it's gone crazy! Best thing I ever done, brings in lots of new clients by the day that I manage to keep. It's a good way for people to see what you can do, before and after pics etc. I'm a hairstylist. I also now and again boost my page by paying £3 a day for about a week, it spreads even more then. You can stop and start the promotion when ever you like. It's been even more successful than word of mouth

I use my Facebook page (and Twitter) to post last minute cancellations and they usually go within minutes so definitely worth having.

Yes I get a lot of new business through facebook and recommendations.

How did you promote it when you started it up?

Ive aways used facebook to post the odd picture etc but recently i learnt how to use it properly!!

So here goes:

Always post two posts at a time, the first something to catch there attention like a pic or poster, the second what you really want to say

The time of day you post affects who see it...first thing, midday and early eve are best... And SUNDAYS!!

Keep posting regularly to make sure yoy are visible in peoples news feeds, if you only post occasionally you wont get much

Paid advertising....you can pay to promote your page or to to boost a post, you choose how much per day and how many days...you choose whether to target the people that like your page ans their friends OR to target certain areas, ans mae or female, and age bracket....you can also specify their interests

Pictures, collages, funny quotes.....hints ad tips, just keep posting and eventually people will follow your page with interest.

I now post availability for the week on my page, clients know to look there before calling or messaging me!!!

Ive aways used facebook to post the odd picture etc but recently i learnt how to use it properly!!

So here goes:

Always post two posts at a time, the first something to catch there attention like a pic or poster, the second what you really want to say

The time of day you post affects who see it...first thing, midday and early eve are best... And SUNDAYS!!

Keep posting regularly to make sure yoy are visible in peoples news feeds, if you only post occasionally you wont get much

Paid advertising....you can pay to promote your page or to to boost a post, you choose how much per day and how many days...you choose whether to target the people that like your page ans their friends OR to target certain areas, ans mae or female, and age bracket....you can also specify their interests

Pictures, collages, funny quotes.....hints ad tips, just keep posting and eventually people will follow your page with interest.

I now post availability for the week on my page, clients know to look there before calling or messaging me!!!

I'm trying to get to grips with facebook so thanks for those tips!

No problem, it takes a while to get the hang of so keep your spending down until you do!!

I've gained lots of clients through facebook! Join lots of community noticeboads & selling pages & share your posts from your page on there. You will soon get more business.

I have been posting all of these I have had my page for about 4 years have 1,148 likes but rarely get actual business from it.

I have gotten probably 50% of my business from Facebook, it's like the modern day word of mouth :) I've never paid for boost or used the buy and sell pages, I don't post all that much either tbh, mine gets busy when someone posts a pic of their new hair and everyone goes nuts asking where did u get that done!? Try asking your customers to post a selfie or pic of their treatment and tag you in it then when a few comments come on jump in and introduce yourself on the comments :)

Hmm will give that a try thanks

Any other tips? X

Same as what kahuna hair has said also,best way... Also before and after pictures work very well..

I've had my facebook page for almost a year, I have over 1000 likes and post most days at least once a day. I've had no business from it and I know why. I actually don't know what my objective is with facebook. My initial aim was to create a page that people would be interested in following. I did that. Now I don't know what my aim is. With me, it's a case of giving my message out to the universe and the universe responding, but because I haven't figured out what I want next from my FB page, I'm a bit stuck with my universe message, haha! I also think that because my business is mostly facials a lot of my clients don't want me to post photos of them, or even parts of their face! Some are wary of giving their names.

Yes have almost 10000 likes on my page and take bookings daily from it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've gained lots of clients through facebook! Join lots of community noticeboads & selling pages & share your posts from your page on there. You will soon get more business.

Hi Debz
How do you share your posts to these, I can only see option to share to public?

Tag them as you would a friend

This has just given me a bit of a kick up the backside to get mine back in order. I have had a bit of business from it in the past so it is worth while.

Hi Debz
How do you share your posts to these, I can only see option to share to public?

For some reason I can only do it on my iPhone. Not sure how you do it on an iPad... Anyway, I go on my page & find the post I want to share & it says 'like' 'comment' & 'share' - click 'share' & it shows your status & above says friends & above that says 'share' with a little arrow - click on that & it says 'on your own timeline', 'friends timeline' 'group' etc. - press group & choose a group you want to share it with & there you go!
I think if it says share to public, I think there's an option that says 'write post' or something & think you can do it that way.
All the best!😊

Latest posts

Back