Facebook profile to like?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevergivingup

Reaction score
I have seen people share a link to turn your personal account into a like page. But have heard it does not work.

Has anyone done it successfully?

You can create a page that is linked to your main profile's email address but I don't think your actual profile can be a like page
Correct me if I'm wrong

You can create a page that is linked to your main profile's email address but I don't think your actual profile can be a like page
Correct me if I'm wrong

You can but its hard getting up to 400 likes

I turned a business profile into a page, then merged my pages together and now I have over 500 likes, I ran an "offer" and gained another 60 likes, and these new 60 likes have started interacting with my page aswell. I am so loving having likes on pictures and posts etc.

I googled turning a facebook profile into a page and there is a link to facebook and it tells you step by step how to do it.

It's within your setting somewhere,

I turned a business profile into a page, then merged my pages together and now I have over 500 likes, I ran an "offer" and gained another 60 likes, and these new 60 likes have started interacting with my page aswell. I am so loving having likes on pictures and posts etc.

I googled turning a facebook profile into a page and there is a link to facebook and it tells you step by step how to do it.

It's within your setting somewhere,

Did all of your friends become likes? Did you keep all your info?

All of your friends become likes, everything from your profile, comments photos, posts etc get deleted. You can download a file with all your information on so you can add it to your new page I presume, i didn't do this as I was merging it with my current facebook page, which had all my pictures on.

X

I changed it over to a like page and merged old pages as above. Very simple to do, but yes you do lose comments, pics etc but your friends do become likes again as above. Best thing I ever did :) lots of good features on like page and within Facebook rules. gave me a chance to put some order in to my photos as well, more tidy. I now have just over 500 likes and its good to see new people being driven to my page when a friend likes a picture. I have much more activity on my page since going to a like page.

You can assign your person profile as admin so you don't have to constantly log in and out of different accounts. Most of all I don't have to panic fb will delete me lol! Love my new page :)

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

Great will def do this. How do you merge the 2 pages?

I think if you go in to the settings part of the like page you'll find it in there. Sorry cannot totally remember honey but just have a look through once you have converted to a like page. Sorry not much help there :) xxx

I think if you go in to the settings part of the like page you'll find it in there. Sorry cannot totally remember honey but just have a look through once you have converted to a like page. Sorry not much help there :) xxx

Thanks, going to have a go with it later on x

Well I did it. It has taken me a long time to upload all my photos but the response has been amazing. Wish I had done it ages ago. Plus I can do offers now!!

Hi, I have been thinking about changing over to, I do believe there is a bit were you can download all comments etc, so you don't lose them, do you know if that's true or works ? As I've had some fab comments and don't really want to start all over !! Thanks x

Hi, I have been thinking about changing over to, I do believe there is a bit were you can download all comments etc, so you don't lose them, do you know if that's true or works ? As I've had some fab comments and don't really want to start all over !! Thanks x

Yes you can I have downloaded them but not sure I can up load them to the new page

Hi, well I converted over, downloaded everything, and now I can't upload all the photos etc ... It looks so plain and awful ... Feel like I'm starting from scratch :-(

Hi, well I converted over, downloaded everything, and now I can't upload all the photos etc ... It looks so plain and awful ... Feel like I'm starting from scratch :-(

Get posting then lovey! upload your pics that generates interest, even if you've posted them once already. Link to sites of interest post a link to your site too. Friends like a picture and friends of friends see that picture too. I put a little statement apologising for the multi posts as I had converted to a like page didn't lose any likes, in fact quite the reverse. Also if you have enough likes you get the recommend box so contact clients and kindly ask them to post in that section.
X x x

Ahh bless you and many thanks ! It's going to be a long day on Facebook ! Just another question though, the admin of the new page is still my old profile (which was the business) as I had my own private Facebook as seperate. Do I post from there or do I post from the page, and how do I stop people interacting from the personal (aka business) profile and use the like page only ? Hope you know what I mean xxx

Not sure if I get you honey lol! if you converted a profile to a like page you will log in just to a like page which you post from. If you have other pages you can merge them which takes your other likes over to your converted like page and ceases to exist. If you still have a business profile I'm assuming you can convert that to a like page too and again merge with your other page. what I then did on my like page was assign my personal profile as admin so that when I log in I can at the same time post on my like page as my business without the need to keep logging in to two accounts, it also meant that I could use my Android Facebook app on my business page as I went through my profile. Once you convert a profile into a like page the profile ceases to exist and your friends become likes so will no longer interact on your profile because it doesn't exist as in it's place it's a like page.

Have I understood what you meant?!?! X x x

Thank you !! I just feel a bit lost, atleast before I could actually speak to people and put comments up on there statuses etc... I've just added all my pictures and organised them so that's a bonus. It's really odd as on my phone app my old profile is still there with everyone as friends as well as the page... Just gutted as I feel like I can't interact as well now !!

Yes I had a problem with the phone app that's why I log in to my profile and work as an admin on my business like page. I tried posting from the app as a profile on sweet squared and although it shows up when you check from the app when I went on desktop it's not there as it doesn't exist. you'll notice unless you go on desk top you don't have a newsfeed. If you work as an admin on desktop you will. The apps haven't caught up and also your like page on desk top or app can't like anyone unless a profile is attached to it or you have an admin but again that's only from desk top. It's all a bit confusing. If you have an I phone you can download the like page app where you go straight in to your page. X x x

Latest posts

Back