Facebook status updates/ideas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jujojones

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I've been preparing all my face book /twitter / instagram updates for the next few weeks and thought we could start a thread to help each other out , as it gets quite hard trying to think of something fresh to put on!! Also any tips to get the most from social media I'm sure would go down well!
I'm no social media savy so will be nice to get some ideas
Any way heres a few of mine:

* take photos of all work and post of instagram / twitter with relevant # (and a #of salon/area)

* first Monday of every month I will be posting a face book exclusive "chart" it will have a selection of offers on. - such as upgrade to luxury pedicure for free when having a pedi etc, but it's first come first served (well booked in) and there is only one of each offer available.

* will post status updates that need reply... Ie "what's your favourite treatment/ color etc"

* check in on Facebook during ur appointment and receive £5 off your next appointment (t&cs apply obviously)

X

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Jumping on the bandwagon

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

The Facebook pictures the read is good for the odd picture.

I'm going to spend the whole of Tuesday next week planning a consistent month if Facebook status' pics, a comp, pics of work. I'm going to have it all set up to go on automatically so i can relax and let it work it's magic.

I will be keeping an eye in this thread to get some ideas.

Jemima :)

How do you get it to update automatically ?

I upload pics of celebs hair i like and colour etc so people see and always end up booking, shows your intrested in new trends and up to date x

I upload pics of celebs hair i like and colour etc so people see and always end up booking, shows your intrested in new trends and up to date x

Been trying to do this but never know what to say

When you wrote a status, just underneath there is a little clock you use that to set when you want the post to appear.

For a better explanation google how to schedule Facebook page posts.

My description isn't very good lol

Been trying to do this but never know what to say

I just say 'im loving kim kardashians hair at the moment' or ' amanda holdens hAir is looking fab with a bouncy blowdry' x

When you wrote a status, just underneath there is a little clock you use that to set when you want the post to appear.

For a better explanation google how to schedule Facebook page posts.

My description isn't very good lol

Thank you!! Will have a look tomorrow

What I like from other salons is pictures of the staff etc, it makes me feel like I know them? How does everyone else feel? Is it just me? Lol x

What I like from other salons is pictures of the staff etc, it makes me feel like I know them? How does everyone else feel? Is it just me? Lol x

I agree.

And its quite nice to have an idea who to expect to see when you go in as a new client.

Yes im mobile and have a photo of myself as my profile pic so people can see what i look like before booking me.

I agree.

And its quite nice to have an idea who to expect to see when you go in as a new client.

O glad it not just me ! Thought I had stalker like tendencies lol !

It can be intimidating going in so I think it helps x

I think a staff photo or photo of the therapist (if mobile or working from home) is a good idea always good to put people at ease I think I'm gna have to have the husband take a good photo if me in my beauty tunic and use that as my FB cover photo! Thanks for the good idea :)

I want to get some of me working and put them on. Need to wait till a friend or someone will be coming and get my fella to take a few photos

Thanks I do automatic posts on Facebook not sure how to do this on twitter

Me and the girl who owns the salon I work in both have an Easter competition mine is free set of lash extensions if they like,comment and share that post. Hers is free manicure for like sharing and commenting. It means your name gets spread to others that may not know about you anyway. You can have a look at my page if you like to see the offer!
https://m.facebook.com/LunaLasheyes

I'll just point out I don't have many as my page doesn't have tons of likes yet and I've only just started my business so giving away something like free lashes might not benefit others that are more established!
Hope it helps some people! X

Fab thread! I have always been a little over whelmed by facebook, and I know I have not been using it to its full potential. So after seeing this thread this morning I decided to have a re vamp of my page, I have added a pic of me as my profile picture, scheduled 2 weeks worth of posts, twice daily using pictures of my work, little facts about treatments, after care advice etc, and a share to win comp. I uploaded some details on the intimate waxing "terminologies" and what I offer today, and have had 12 new page likes and 2 bookings already!

I have also added a banner which shows my pricelist, logo and contact details (I designed it myself so its nothing fancy!)

Keep the ideas coming! Thanks every one
www.facebook.com/athomeatherapy

Ono, I'm new to salon geek and this thread would be really helpful as I really struggle knowing what to put on my Facebook page. I put quotes and pictures of my work but I'm running out if ideas too :)

Fab thread! I have always been a little over whelmed by facebook, and I know I have not been using it to its full potential. So after seeing this thread this morning I decided to have a re vamp of my page, I have added a pic of me as my profile picture, scheduled 2 weeks worth of posts, twice daily using pictures of my work, little facts about treatments, after care advice etc, and a share to win comp. I uploaded some details on the intimate waxing "terminologies" and what I offer today, and have had 12 new page likes and 2 bookings already!

I have also added a banner which shows my pricelist, logo and contact details (I designed it myself so its nothing fancy!)

Keep the ideas coming! Thanks every one
www.facebook.com/athomeatherapy

Just liked your page! Your posts are great and I love the hairy cave women haha x

Latest posts

Back