Facebook too cheap nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelli

Reaction score
Just a litty rant really, i find it so annoying on how people can charge next to nothing for nails, im charging 25 but not dropping my prices as i beleive my work deserves the right price, but it seems people just think " oh i know i can do nails anybody want them doing for 8.00 etc " just so annoys me :/ how does that even cover there time, products and travel really, not to mention the quality of there work sometimes ; sorry for the rant guys 😃

Just a litty rant really, i find it so annoying on how people can charge next to nothing for nails, im charging 25 but not dropping my prices as i beleive my work deserves the right price, but it seems people just think " oh i know i can do nails anybody want them doing for 8.00 etc " just so annoys me :/ how does that even cover there time, products and travel really, not to mention the quality of there work sometimes ; sorry for the rant guys 😃

Don't even worry about people like this, the type of clients that they will get for prices like that you wouldn't want as clients anyway, if you want quality nails you need to pay quality prices x

Felicity xx

As frustrating as it is (believe me, I used to think the same) you have to laugh really.

That person is not even working for minimum wage, in fact they're probably barely covering the cost of the products, let anyone anything else.

Think of the money you would make off a few sets and then compare that to the amount of hours they would have to do to be equal to that.

The odds of it is that their price matches the quality too. Leave them to it 😂

x

I think it also depends where you live. In salons around where I live it's a max of £20 and mobile businesses are cheaper.

I'm a great believer in you get what you pay for... And if people want to be running at a loss then let them. More fool them really xx

Trouble is everyone is struggling with money and people want things cheap cheap cheap!
I think u have just got to find the balance between making enough profit, being competitive and getting enough clients through the door. And yeah area def plays a part.
I think some people that are doing it that cheap are training maybe ?
Xxx

I know what you mean! I charge £25 for gel overlays and another mobile therapist has just started advertising shellac for £7! It's mental! X

I'm feeling the same right now! But not because of a therapist. I literally set my facebook page up 2 days ago, and got a message last night that said
'How much is nails'
So from that I thought oh god here we go. I told her my gel polish is £20.00, very nicely, very professionally. Didn't get a reply. She will be off looking for someone who's nail prices 'is' less than a 10er.

Laura xx

I just saw a friend of mine advertising gel nails for £8 on fb. I know for a fact she has no training at all. She has just bought a kit from eBay for herself and is trying to cover the cost by "doing nails" for other people. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who don't care about the quality of products and training, they just want the cheapest possible nails but they will also be the first to moan about their nails not lasting and then is our chance to smugly say "you get what you pay for" x

In my town (population of about 9k) there are 13 other nail technicians in competition, ranging from dirt cheap prices to us who are the most expensive...and we are out the door with clients and have been constantly busy since we moved to a bigger salon almost 2 years ago and have recently had to take on our 4th tech to help us out. WHY? You can offer your service for the price that you redeem as cost effective and within reason for clients against your competition BUT if you are good at what you do, offer a wide range of treatments and have fab customer service,...clients will pay that extra ££ for very good quality. We solely work upon word of mouth therefore it's our clients own opinions and recommendation that we relay in. We are good, all fully qualified and insured, our clients obviously think it's worth paying a little more for our service! It does justify to do proper training etc and there for you cannot compare yourself you 'bettySue' down the road who has a home kit, no training and charges £5, will she get repeat custom? Maybe so, but I very much doubt the standard of work is as high as yours. My opinion and personal experience.

Unfortunately anybody can get gel polish (copy of gelish) on a Chinese wholesale website for less than €4.00 per pot... But the reviews on YouTube just tell how crap they are!

I can't believe my eyes ... This is a conversation on Facebook!!!!

I can put them on not very strong day befor or something with a light layer of gel so they will come off quite easy x

That would be brill, id need them next thursday if thats ok, and how would i get them off? Lol do i need some solution to remove them ?

Yeah that's fine, and we'll u could use aceton sell it anywhere like b&m or they will jus snap off quite easily if I don't do them that strong x

Omg!!!!!!

Gosh I agree it's one of my biggest bug bares!!! Plus the cheap groupon offers on nails and lash extensions ... We've had loads of clients come to us saying these people have messed them up and want us to sort them out ... Having to redo someone else's shoddy work !!! So irritating!!!
Wish they would clam down on these people !!!
Stick to your own quality prices .. There's a reason we are not cheap !!
😃

Latest posts

Back