Facial panic-help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireyfairy

Reaction score
Hi all I'm having a panic moment! I put out a post on fb offering facials cheaply during may whilst I perfect my skills and lots of people have booked in! Scary! I was only going to use the soothing range to begin with as thought I could use that on everyone but now I'm thinking I should get the hydrating and balancing too? What else do I need in terms of bed comfort, at the mo I've just got towels covering couch and a warm blanket to cover, should I get extra towels/pillows etc? Also planning on closing curtains, candles and relaxing music. Anything else? X

Firstly well done on getting your bookings. I would suggest you get some products for combination/oily skin. Hopefully these clients will become regulars so you want to be using the correct products for their skin type from the start. As long as your treatment area is clean & tidy, I wouldn't worry to much about the airy, fairy bits as you can add to these later. Ensure you have enough sponges/mitts/towels so each client has clean ones a pillow is a good idea for comfort too. Hope this helps a bit, good luck x

You could consider getting a heated blanket - So many of our clients comment on the warm bed! And down the road a hot towel caddy and some mitts - Really nice touch for your facials :)

Thank you so much for replying! in terms of pillows do you use a normal pillow or rolled up towel? Just wondering if a pillow will get in the way. Do you think soothing and combination range will do for now then? Like the idea of heated blanket when I was training I was quite shocked about how cold I got laying there even with blankets x

Thank you so much for replying! in terms of pillows do you use a normal pillow or rolled up towel? Just wondering if a pillow will get in the way. Do you think soothing and combination range will do for now then? Like the idea of heated blanket when I was training I was quite shocked about how cold I got laying there even with blankets x
Hi I use a pillow, more comfy for the clients. All though a folded hand towel can be easier to reach right down the shoulders during massage.

Hi I use a pillow, more comfy for the clients. All though a folded hand towel can be easier to reach right down the shoulders during massage.
You could consider getting a heated blanket - So many of our clients comment on the warm bed! And down the road a hot towel caddy and some mitts - Really nice touch for your facials :)

Where did you get your heated blanket from as I would like to get one?

Where did you get your heated blanket from as I would like to get one?

For me a towel is much easier under their head as it allows you to get in underneath the shoulders easier than a pillow. I think we got ours from argos - Just get it for a single bed. It really is a lovely touch! Lots of people comment on the warm mitts too - Makes a pleasant change from damp cotton or sponges.

Hi I'm just at the stage of setting up too but I'm unsure what to charge for a facial at home iv seen loads of salon prices but not mobile prices can anyone help? X

Thanks all for your help have done two of about 10 bookings and seemed to go ok and they were happy, yay! I still can't work out pricings either can anyone help?? There's such a huge difference in pricings. I am home based and using kaeso at mo x

Latest posts

Back