Facial Product Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loulabelle

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wanting to pick your brains & throw some ideas around.

We've been using Dr Murad products in the salon for a little while now & although I like the results I'm having great difficulty in getting clients to purchase the products. The salon currently doesn't have many facial clients (something I want to change) & all the clients I've spoken to so far have never heard of Murad. Do you think that if I swap to a more well known brand then the number of facials we are doing will increase & therefore the product sales will increase or shall I persevere & simply encourage clients to 'give it a go'?
I really believe in having a cosmeceutical brand & am therefore wondering what I would change it to if I decided to go down that route. Any suggestions/comments are most appreciated! Thanks

Where I used to work we had a few facials but the product range was unknown, when I finally set up my own place I decided to plump for what I wanted to use, which was Decleor, and as a result facials and body treatments now make up a third of my treatments a month and my retail is huge. Using known skincare is definitely a plus, but I would also look for one that offers free and thorough training, good rep support, good a&p, and one that regulates the number of accounts in the area.

Thanks Martin for your input. It's always great to bounce ideas off other people. I think I'm going to change the product brand, I just need to decide what to change it to!

Hi there are many different skin care companies to choose from i had Dermalogica in my salon for about 5 years moved salon premises and re-launched with a new skin care range. BIG MISTAKE i now realise i adore Dermalogica as do my clients its well worth having a look at. I get real results on treatments and i will never go back. Hope this helps :Love:

I too have dermalogica and it simply walks off the shelf!! They give great training on how to sell, how to display etc so you have to do very little to convince!:D

Guyr try out skin-miracle the products are great.I have been using in my Salon for 5 years now.

Shell & Suzanne, it's funny you should say that cos I've been talking to the Dermalogica rep over the last week or so & really got excited about what she had to say. Also their training package looks amazing. My mind is now made up! Thanks guys

Thanks for pointing me to that thread Martin. Made for interesting reading. I'm now confused again!

That's ok - it wasn't to confuse, just so you get a balanced opinion! Have you had out a few different reps from different ranges? Try a few companies, ask friends/clients what facials they have had which they've enjoyed etc. For me it was easy as I had used lots of ranges but Decleor had been my favourite in terms of product, treatment and customer support, and I had clients who were buying Decleor already! Are you going to Excel show? If so it's a perfect opportunity to look at a whole load of ranges in one go!

Latest posts

Back