Facial products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley Blakemore

The Beauty Room
Reaction score
Ok so this is a bit of a weird one but I’m getting back into facials after a while off. I did a facial on my husband the other night and he loved it…apart from when I put the cleanser, toner and mask on lol.
He moaned that they were too cold.

It was a Sunday evening so yes the room hadn’t had chance to warm up but it got pretty warm in there and yes maybe the products would have taken a while to warm up.
I know the cleanser, toner and mask are generally cold products and hard to warm up, even in the hands, but I’m now panicking that my clients will think the same.

So do you worry about this? Do your clients comment and if not how do you warm the products up?
I just want to be prepared before I jump into facials again.

I saw a facial once and she used a facial steamer so put her hands infront of it for a few seconds to presumably warm the products..does anyone else do this?

1677837491553.png
You need an electric wax melt warmer for your products. I have 3 for my facials (exfoliant, massage product and mask). You can put products straight into the ceramic dish, or as I do, put the product into a little glass dish on the ceramic one, to warm more slowly.
Toner, you can't warm up really as it would evaporate and your hands - wash in hot water before you begin.

View attachment 213583 You need an electric wax melt warmer for your products. I have 3 for my facials (exfoliant, massage product and mask). You can put products straight into the ceramic dish, or as I do, put the product into a little glass dish on the ceramic one, to warm more slowly.
Toner, you can't warm up really as it would evaporate and your hands - wash in hot water before you begin.
What a great idea!

This is a very relevant question as the temperature has dropped in the recent week. Even with a toasty room and bed, I've been more aware that my hands were cooler to the touch.

Firstly, I mentioned to my clients that my hands may be cooler due to me just washing them.
I found having the steam used on the skin during the cleansing portion really sorted this issue out 😊

I explain to client that I take a mug of hot water into my facials as it’s the perfect size to wrap my hands around. Sometimes my mug has tea in and I can steal a slurp.

I find that I can never reliably warm my hands with a hot cloth or washing my hands and quickly soaking them. But holding a mug works a treat.

If you happen to have hot stones on, then one popped in an apron pocket works a treat as a hand warmer. You can also do the hot stones massage trick of placing hot stones either side of your client and placing your hands on them briefly before each client touch.

I suffer with Raynaud's and have noticed a massive change since I have reduced the temperature of my central heating. I struggle to keep them warm but once they are in and out of hot water during a facial they are fine.....It's just the start of the treatment.
Massage oils and facial products are put onto my radiator for about 1 hour before the client arrives and they are then a lot more comfortable to use.
Hot stones really are a godsend and help a lot with a sneaky hand warm!

Latest posts

Back