Facial Skincare with SPF for Sensitive Skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodle

Premium Geek
Reaction score
The question is in the title really, but can anyone please recommend a fairly inexpensive facial moisturiser which is suitable for sensitive skin but which also contains SPF or UV protection?

Not only is it important that it is suitable for sensitive skin, but it must also have been dermatologically tested.

I say this because I have tried many different brands, all containing the above criterea, but so far have experienced allergic reactions to Simple, Clinique and Estee Lauder products :sad:

I know it's a tall order, but any suggestions you can give would be gratefully received.

Thank you.

Dermalogica super sensitive faceblock. Very very good product. Read up on it at Welcome - Indigo Skin Care

This is just what I would have suggested too! It's a sunscreen with a moisturising component to it, although most people apparently need a moisturiser underneath as well. I use it and I love it.

I dont know wether this will help or not, but when ive done training courses with IDI (Dermal institute) ive learned that alot of sensitivity with sunscreens can be caused with the use of chemical sunscreens - for example - avobenzone, octocrylene, homosalate, oxybenzone etc
So look for products that don't contain those.

You need to be looking for products that contain physical sunscreens - Titanium dioxide and zinc oxide!

The above recomendation is a great choice, although maybe a little overpriced if youre looking for something inexpensive

Morning

Another non-salon brand to consider which uses non-chemical sunscreens is Liz Earle. Worth looking at as it's fairly cost effective.

As it's a physical barrier rather than chemical it has to be used on top of your moisturiser rather than mixed together.

Hope this helps.

Rich

Dermalogica super sensitive faceblock. Very very good product. Read up on it at Welcome - Indigo Skin Care

I dont know wether this will help or not, but when ive done training courses with IDI (Dermal institute) ive learned that alot of sensitivity with sunscreens can be caused with the use of chemical sunscreens - for example - avobenzone, octocrylene, homosalate, oxybenzone etc
So look for products that don't contain those.

You need to be looking for products that contain physical sunscreens - Titanium dioxide and zinc oxide!

Another non-salon brand to consider which uses non-chemical sunscreens is Liz Earle. Worth looking at as it's fairly cost effective. Rich

Thank you everyone for your suggestions :hug:

Are any of the above products retailed at all, or do I need to contact the suppliers or nearest stockist direct?

PS: Is it possible to obtain samples of these products first, just in case an allergic reaction develops? As you will appreciate, I don't want to be investing in products I don't know I can use!

Last edited:
la rocje posay spf 50 for the face, dermatologically recommended and also a physical block, as oppsed to a chemical
super for sensistive skins, no con comodogenic etc
xx

Bump ......

Is it possible to obtain samples of these products first, just in case an allergic reaction develops? As you will appreciate, I don't want to be investing in products I don't know I can use!

Latest posts

Back