Facial waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouLou Harvey

Reaction score
Hi

I have popped over from nails to get your expert advice on waxing!
Due to hormonal imbalances I get quite coarse hairs growing on my chin and under my chin. I tweeze them however since I had some of my medication changed they have become worse (lots more of them). I can continue tweezing them but it is quite time consuming and depending on the light I can miss some. I was wondering if you thought waxing would work? The reason I ask is my mum gets her chin waxed & to be honest they don't get them all out & her therapist said it is because they are too strong - don't know if this is an excuse or if waxing isn't suitable for coarser hair?

The hair I have is not at 'beard' level [emoji23] but it does get me down & I am looking for a solution. I have thought about the IPL machines but not keen on paying out over £300 when I don't know the effectiveness- if I knew they worked I would buy one in a heartbeat!

What are your thoughts on waxing? Would hot waxing be more suitable/ effective?

TIA

Lou

Hi

I have popped over from nails to get your expert advice on waxing!
Due to hormonal imbalances I get quite coarse hairs growing on my chin and under my chin. I tweeze them however since I had some of my medication changed they have become worse (lots more of them). I can continue tweezing them but it is quite time consuming and depending on the light I can miss some. I was wondering if you thought waxing would work? The reason I ask is my mum gets her chin waxed & to be honest they don't get them all out & her therapist said it is because they are too strong - don't know if this is an excuse or if waxing isn't suitable for coarser hair?

The hair I have is not at 'beard' level [emoji23] but it does get me down & I am looking for a solution. I have thought about the IPL machines but not keen on paying out over £300 when I don't know the effectiveness- if I knew they worked I would buy one in a heartbeat!

What are your thoughts on waxing? Would hot waxing be more suitable/ effective?

TIA

Lou
Hot wax is very effective for this kind of hair but I would suggest you go to your doctor and ask him for some Vaniqa.
It won't stop hair from growing but it will slow it down dramatically.
One of my clients finally asked her doctor for it and the results have changed her life.
Sadly you will need to over-exaggerate to your doctor as to how this hair makes you feel on a day-to-day basis - cry if you need to but get that cream.
And then find a very good waxer who uses a quality hot wax.

And tell your mum to go to a salon where they finish the job.

I would never leave a client with hair. I would remove them with tweezers or pliers but I'd get the buggers out!

The main side effect of eflornithine (the active ingredient in vaniqa) is acne. In clinical tests it has shown as affecting 10-15% dependent on which study one cites. It's quite a high incidence so do be aware if that's what you decide to try out.

Personally rather than taking more medication & waxing forever more I would just go and get a consultation for electrolysis. End of hairy chin forever ;)

Thank you for the advice ladies - it is very much appreciated. [emoji2]

I would recommend Electrolysis. Waxing is only a temporary solution

Latest posts

Back