Facials - set up, routine, products etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiffany Dawson

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I have just recently completed my facials training.

Just wanted to get some info on how people set up their room/bed, do you play music etc? Any extra steps that clients like?

I am starting out with Neal's Yard which is what we used in training then will be investing in Eve Taylor :)

Any feedback would be appreciated x

I always play music for every treatment, even if it is just an eyebrow wax. I tend to play wave/seaside music because I live by the sea :)
When I first started I looked on youtube for facial routines to see how other people done their facials. If I saw something I liked, i'd use it in my facial (a certain move) and went from there. I would definitely recommend researching different techniques because when I don't my facial training, I only got taught the basic's. :)

Thanks Mel! :) Think I will do a bit of research tonight so I can mix up my routine a bit!

I'm definitely getting some relaxation music, personally I love it when I am getting a treatment myself!

Thanks for the help xx

I bought some music from I-chill because it's license free and keep it playing all the time, regardless of what treatments I'm doing.

Have a look through the search bar because I remember a thread about making your experience as nice as possible and it had things like lighting, room temperature, bed set up, scented candles, etc.

I have facials and make a mental note of what I do and don't like lol. I'm very careful to ensure I never cover both nostrils as it's a horrible feeling thinking I'm gonna have to open my mouth.

At the beginning and end of a facial I'm nice, but specific about what they should do in regards to dressing, how to lay on the bed, etc. Some people really have no idea so it saves awkwardness x

FlawlessBeauty... that's a really good point about explaining the procedures & treatment to the client. I have been for a couple of treatments where I've been left alone in the room at the end of the treatment with no idea if / when the therapist is coming back or if I'm supposed to get dressed. I had one (in a hotel spa) where she was gone for so long I got dressed and headed back to reception on my own, only to find they'd locked the doors and all the therapists had gone for lunch !! lol.

I also make sure all my clients are comfortable with the bed position etc and address any special requirements they have (extra pillows, support under knees, ankles or back, etc)
And ask them to switch their phone off !! ;)

Can I ask do you play your music through your phone? I have a Bluetooth speaker that connects to my phone but when my phone rings it rings through the speaker? Does anyone have any ideas how to stop that? Xx

put it on airplane mode if it's an iphone :)

I play mine through an ipod but that's a great idea Carly.

OMG Cathi how did you get out?! Lol

I had a pedicure at the end of a spa day and was told to wait while the polish dried and she would be back. Well she never came back because she was waxing another therapist and I ended up letting myself out. Needless to say, no tip lol x

Latest posts

Back