'Fake allergic reaction'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alicexoxo

Reaction score
I'm 18 and hairdressing is my passion and has been since I can remember. In December I started working for a salon and on the first day they dyed my hair without a patch test first. The next morning I woke up with what we thought was an allergic reaction, after dermatologist results it was proven that in fact it had nothing to do with a reaction. I'm not sure what to do now as I have applied for a lot of salons since and had nothing back. What shall I do?

HI and welcome
I'm a bit unsure as to what question you're asking?
Whether you can have your hair coloured again,or whether to train as a hairdresser again.

I think I've missed a bit of your story?

I'm asking whether I should still consider going into the hairdressing industry

What does that have to do with you not carrying on though? I don't understand? X

The info about your 'reaction' is irrelevant, very confused....even if you did have an allergy you can still be a hairdresser, just making sure to cover up well when doing tints

Yes still go ahead. Try a few patch tests to see if that's what you had the reaction too?

I do not understand what you mean?

unsure what you mean but if its should you quit after one mishap in which you think you might be allergic then no give it a chance.

Latest posts

Back