Fake vs genuine products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Absie

Reaction score
I remember reading something about products from places like eBay and Amazon maybe fakes.
And that if items are purchased their our public liability insurance won't hold true.
Can anyone shed anymore light on this for me please.
I thinking regards to all the gel nail items but also in terms of the hair products too.

All items like gel polish ect should only be purchased from authorised distributors that is the only way you can be sure the products are genuine. And insurance wont be valid unless products are purchased from authorised distributors. X

All items like gel polish ect should only be purchased from authorised distributors that is the only way you can be sure the products are genuine. And insurance wont be valid unless products are purchased from authorised distributors. X
Ok, thanks for that....
So the line to note when telling someone is the 'authorised distributor' right...?
I just need to be clear in order to explain to someone else why they shouldn't.

I'm not great at explaining things so someone else might be able to help word it better than i have but yes all products should be purchased from authorised distributors. X

Ok, thanks for that....
So the line to note when telling someone is the 'authorised distributor' right...?
I just need to be clear in order to explain to someone else why they shouldn't.

If you don't buy from an authorised distributor, you can't guarantee that the product is genuine. It could be, but the chances are against you.
If you don't know if it's genuine, then you can't be certain about the chemicals used in each product and thus you could easily harm both your client's health as well as your own. Insurance invalidation is a side problem that will come up in case something happens. Your main concern is your client's health
I'd sway off unauthorised distributors if I were you.

Given that, I should add that I have bought 1 piece from eBay and indeed it was original, but I had to send the 1st item I bought back because it wasn't original, and then from the 2nd seller I asked photos of the batch code of the product before ordering. And I only did this because the local distributor has run out and the product is discontinued. But I still am sceptical when using it always notify my client about it.

eBay sellers will not be authorised distributors.

Authorised distributors will have the direct permission or contract of the brand to sell their products.

If in doubt, do not buy from eBay. Simples :D

Latest posts

Back