Fashionably confused!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazmine

Reaction score
Hi all, completely off topic but here goes. So I had my daughter in April (first child) I was fortunate not to out in to much weight. I have 1 stone to loose to be pre preg weight-would like to be a little leaner and healthier so aiming over the next year to get a bit more off!

Anyway....I don't know of anyone else can relate to this but I have no idea what I look good in or even what I like hen it comes to clothes these days?

Clothes that used to suit my shape (regardless of my size) don't fit right now I have mummy tummy!

I look in the shops and just think blugh! Has anyone else experience post baby fashion blues?

It's a vanity thing I know an I have a lot of other stuff going on so it's not all consuming but I like to look nice and especially now I'm back at work I have to look the part!

I don't have a huge amount to spend anyway but being in between sizes is pretty disheartening. My weight has gone up and down since having Willow by half a stone which is annoying but I know I can shift the weight if I put my mind into it.

Any ideas ?!

To hide a tummy, wear a v neck top and a floaty jacket over it. Top and jacket should sit below hips mine are. All half way down thigh.

Hi all, completely off topic but here goes. So I had my daughter in April (first child) I was fortunate not to out in to much weight. I have 1 stone to loose to be pre preg weight-would like to be a little leaner and healthier so aiming over the next year to get a bit more off!

Anyway....I don't know of anyone else can relate to this but I have no idea what I look good in or even what I like hen it comes to clothes these days?

Clothes that used to suit my shape (regardless of my size) don't fit right now I have mummy tummy!

I look in the shops and just think blugh! Has anyone else experience post baby fashion blues?

It's a vanity thing I know an I have a lot of other stuff going on so it's not all consuming but I like to look nice and especially now I'm back at work I have to look the part!

I don't have a huge amount to spend anyway but being in between sizes is pretty disheartening. My weight has gone up and down since having Willow by half a stone which is annoying but I know I can shift the weight if I put my mind into it.

Any ideas ?!

After my friend had her little boy we went shopping and got her loose fit tops and some waist belts to wear higher than normal to show off the boobs shed never had before and to make clothes for better.
We also got tops too long, cut off 2 inches, made a ribbon belt from it and cut in little holes sewing the edges like a button so the ribbon could be threaded through. Xoxo

i can totally sympathize with the way you feel. After i had my son i found that my body shape had changed so much that there was no way i could wear my pre pregnancy clothes. It was really strange but i felt like i had lost myself if you know what i mean. The best advice i can give is to look upon it as an opportunity to reinvent yourself. Look for high waisted trousers that will help to support your tummy and couple them with fitted blouses.
Most of all learn to love your 'real woman' body. xx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

You can save yourself a heck of a lot of money in the future by having a Colour me beautiful consultation for your body shape. There are loads of things to take into consideration, not just your tummy if you want to get the best out of your money for clothes shopping.

You could try getting one of their books, or even flicking through one in a book shop to see if you can identify your new body shape and how to dress for it. It doesn't beat having a face to face though!

Latest posts

Back