Fast tracking NVQ

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Momobile hair

Reaction score
We have a lady in our salon who has done hairdressing for years. She is a fantastic hairdresser but is not qualified. She is very keen to do her NVQs. Can she fast track these or do a home course? Can she start at level 2?

If she talks to her local college I expect they can fast track her. I did my level 3 in 6 months!!!!

Yes, there are fast track courses for level 2.

The private colleges charge quite a lot but their fast track courses can be completed in a very short space of time.

Each college sets its own admission policy but if she's already competent, they might be happy to add her to an existing group as she'll be motivated to get her head down and get on with it.

Also, lot of new courses starting in the FE colleges (cheaper option) in September will be booked up now, so she might have to go on a waiting list.

I think you need to ring round a few colleges to find out what's available in your area.

I don't think you could do it by home study as you have to pass the practicals on a live client and be independently assessed.

Thanks ! Its been so long since i've been in college I wouldn't remember! thanks !

There's loads of places that do fast track NVQ's. Just type into google 'Fast track NVQ hairdressing (and your city)'.

Latest posts

Back