Favourite OPI colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissyJ

Reaction score
Hiya,
Hope u are all doing well,

I would really appreciate advice on best colours as a beginner in nail varnish not gel.
What are you and your clients fave?

I am hoping to re train in an evening class for manicure and pedicure as I only done a 2 day course a few years ago and came away with little confidence and practice.

I love OPI products and hope to practice for now with these then once confident train and convert to vinylux if I get on well with it as it has great reviews.

I will only be practicing on family and friends for now to build my confidence and technique. what do you think would be ideal minimum to have as I don't want to get carried away and buy too many as I would prefer to spend my money on training.
I've also just purchased the nail trainer hand to practice on too, as I had little volunteers last time.

So I'm thinking 5 to begin with as a min I can afford. Then get more next month.
*colours for french manicure - poss alpine snow for white??
* A red
* neutral
* And a bright one, poss pink?

Also what are the best top and base coat? I used the start to finish and got on well with this.

Also had anyone used the drying drops, do they work well, any opinions on it, does it effect finish?

I hope anyone can help, thank you for reading. X

So I bought some bits from Salon services today, yayyy. Can't wait for it to arrive, found a multi pack with top and base coat & the drying drops too so can try them out.

I have done abit of research and the colours I have found to be most popular & classic are:

Cajun shrimp
Malaga wine
Big Apple red
Russian navy
Lincoln park after dark
My private jet
You don't know jacques (ordered today)
Pompeii purple
Pinking of you
Bubble bath & alpine snow-French(Ordered)

My goals are to practice nail shaping and smile line, are there any gd tutorials/ videos anyone can recommend?

Any input from anyone else that uses OPI?

Thanks

Rosy Future
Hawaiian Orchid
Flashbulb Fuchsia
Not Really a Waitress
Pompeii Purple
Koala Bear-y
Lincoln Park After Dark

These are some of my faves. :)

My clients faves:

Barefoot in Barcelona
Princesses rule
Flashbulb fuchsia
That's hot pink
Cajun shrimp
Malaga wine
Big apple red
Visions of love (might be discontinued)
Honk if you love OPI

I have over 50 now...probably too many but can't help buying them...[emoji4]

Ahh excellent , thank you very much, I will add some of these to my shopping list to thank you.
I know, it's so tempting to buy lots, they have so many pretty colours.
I really like the brand and especially the brush. I did give up hope for awhile as it would not stay on my nails, I thought I wasn't very good at application, however I have realised I just have really weak bendy nails and any product chips easily on me. It stays on family and friends very well, so am going to build my confidence back up and try again. :)
Thanks

I've yet to find one I don't like!!

But if anyone has a bottle of La Boheme hiding away that they don't want I will catch the stars for you!!! Love that colour, it's been discontinued and my last bottle if frighteningly low!!! It's been for personal use only for years!

Latest posts

Back