Feel like giving up, heart isn't in it

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen889

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Just really need to vent, not so much for replies. I've been running my little spa for 4years now, i moved to a bigger space last year more for the high end area then space wise. I used to love what i do but for the past few month (4-5months) i'm really not enjoying what im doing. I'm fed up of working 6 days a week 9am-9pm, never seeing my family and STILL just making expenses for the business. I've recently cut back my hours to three week days and one weekend but i still have no passion to get up in the morning and come to work. I know my heart isnt in it anymore and i always go back to the idea of going back to school to do graphic design. It's a HUGE passion of mine and is the one thing i love about owning my spa is that i can design all kinds of advertising.

Lately i've had some really mean and difficult clients come in and it's killed my passion even more. I don't know what to do anymore as i really like owning my spa but not doing the actual work anymore. Ideally i would love to just run/manage the spa and have someone work for me but i just don't make enough money right now to do that. I feel stuck and i feel like giving up and calling it quits some days but i put a lot of money and time into this place and so has my dad who bought me things for here. I know i can sell the equipment off and get my money back and his as well but it's a hard decision. I just don't know what to do....:(

Why not have a little break to clear your head? Then you can think things over and make your mind up on what you want.

Hugs to you Jen xx

Thanks Leely! i'm actually off on vacation for two weeks at the end of July. I'm going to think about everything and see what i'm doing :)

Clear mind makes things seem so much better xx

Thanks Leely! i'm actually off on vacation for two weeks at the end of July. I'm going to think about everything and see what i'm doing :)

I also was going to say you need a holiday. Working so hard, running a house with kids too!! You need to get away, you're probably a bit burned out.

I also was going to say you need a holiday. Working so hard, running a house with kids too!! You need to get away, you're probably a bit burned out.

No Kids yet Rinn, more that i never see my fiance and my dogs which are like my babies :p I'm feeling a bit better then when i wrote the post but definitely will think about things in depth while away.

My biggest thing is clients don't seem to understand that i'm allowed to have days off! i'm allowed to not be in the spa to answer emails and my phone! i get so many people call and call and call on days off, then get mad at me when i finally get in on Wednesday morning because i took too long to get back to them. Worst is they know its also my personnel cell phone so i think thats why they keep calling. i'm in the process of trying to separate the personnel phone from business phone. I feel because of this my days off are not truly days off :(

No Kids yet Rinn, more that i never see my fiance and my dogs which are like my babies :p I'm feeling a bit better then when i wrote the post but definitely will think about things in depth while away.

My biggest thing is clients don't seem to understand that i'm allowed to have days off! i'm allowed to not be in the spa to answer emails and my phone! i get so many people call and call and call on days off, then get mad at me when i finally get in on Wednesday morning because i took too long to get back to them. Worst is they know its also my personnel cell phone so i think thats why they keep calling. i'm in the process of trying to separate the personnel phone from business phone. I feel because of this my days off are not truly days off :(

Time to put your prices up missus.That'll make things a lot easier on many levels.

I have a big slobbery rottie/Alsatian cross who my kids say is my new baby.

God clients can be so mean! They haven't been in your shoes & only people who have will appreciate you having days off, don't let these clients make you feel guilty & yes you should have a separate line for the spa if its that bad, the clients will get used to it. You need to do what you think will make you happy, the good thing about this job is you can always go back to it! I did art at A level & chickened out of uni so went & did beauty, i love doing nails & lashes but at the end of the day i sometimes regret giving up on my art, i loved graphics as well & maybe one day i will go to uni & do something else but I'm happy now so if your not happy go for the graphics road! Everyone should be supportive & you dont want any regrets

A little update, i'm taking a two week vacation at the end of the month but i think i'm done with this career :( i LOVE it but i just don't have a heart for it if that makes sense. Now just to find out what i want to due. I'm tired of customer service in the sense of how we deal with clients

Ok this is not meant to sound anything strange but ill say it anyway when you say "high end" is that just a nice way of saying stuck up and not on your wavelength? Thing is if to you it's high end does that mean people who earn loads more than you and just don't understand, or maby lady's of leasure who aren't used to hard work and don't understand that you are not "on call" 24/7. Then only thing that makes me say this is you mentioned not liking the clients, have you thought of maby moving back your old area if it was making as much and people were nicer? Xxx

Jen. This happened me. Different job but I hated it but loved it. It was making no money and people were nasty . I loved the work I was doing but long hours :( I quit I done it 11 years.. I'm happier than I ever was now! More time and I'm even eating and looking better . Watch a video on utube called ' if money was no object ;) xx

I just finalized everything im doing :) i'm really excited about it!! i'm going to keep my space but only work two days a week and rent out the space for the other days. this will cut my expenses by 80% and i will just keep my fav clients. this way i will still make the same money but not have the big spa i have now. i won't have to deal with new rude clients, large bills, taxes etc. i feel this is going to bring back my passion :)

Just watched that video, loved it! Thanks :) xx

It's a fab video ! Changed my life :) good for u. Do what makes you happy xx

Latest posts

Back