Feeling defeated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I left that one on for 3 hours, showered with just water (didn't wash my hair or anything) then waited 24hrs before using anything on my skin like body lotions perfumes etc. I've had good results with all (except for the exotic collection which I can find hit or miss), I go even darker with the Coco

So funny you say that because I loved the exotic collection for months but im starting to think that the reason why it doesn't work any more is because maybe violet is to light for the skin? Because gold seems to give a nice dark tan... I am going to spray tan either tomorrow or monday with MT original and see what its like... I actually wash my hair and it doesn't affect the tan at all... I dont moisture until the next dau though... MT say that the exotic collection is great for dry skin but my skin does by so dry after I rinse it! It that a 2 hour tan you have on and left it on for 3 hours?

So funny you say that because I loved the exotic collection for months but im starting to think that the reason why it doesn't work any more is because maybe violet is to light for the skin? Because gold seems to give a nice dark tan... I am going to spray tan either tomorrow or monday with MT original and see what its like... I actually wash my hair and it doesn't affect the tan at all... I dont moisture until the next dau though... MT say that the exotic collection is great for dry skin but my skin does by so dry after I rinse it! It that a 2 hour tan you have on and left it on for 3 hours?

Violet tones should be used on more olive skin tones, and I don't have many clients with olive and darker skins which is why I don't bother as much with it as it doesn't work as well on pale/pinker skins as it's not been developed for them.

MT original is still quite light but it's nice for clients who want to look very natural or haven't had a spray tan. If you wash your hair and you say the tan isn't developing properly maybe this could be a contributing factor? On my Moroccan Tan training they told us not to wash hair in the shower during the first initial rinse off.

No the original collection is a 2-4 hour tan, so the minimum time is 2 and wouldn't really recommend leaving it past 4 hours :)

The exotic range gives me a lovely colour its just not dark enough. My tan comes out the exact same if I wash my hair or not LOL thats why I feel like it makes no difference because I can wash my hair its lovely but light and not wash my hair another time and its lovely but light again, no streaks. Im gonna try thebronze and original cause it looks lovely and not orange on you!

The exotic range gives me a lovely colour its just not dark enough. My tan comes out the exact same if I wash my hair or not LOL thats why I feel like it makes no difference because I can wash my hair its lovely but light and not wash my hair another time and its lovely but light again, no streaks. Im gonna try thebronze and original cause it looks lovely and not orange on you!

Yes try it and see how you go, my clients love it and I've never had a problem with it going orange as it's very green based and therefore perfect for paler and pinker skin tones :)

I definitely will, i actually find the exotic range to be drier on my skin than the other range do you?

I definitely will, i actually find the exotic range to be drier on my skin than the other range do you?

No I found it to be ok and wore off nicely but every skin is different

I wanted to write back and let you know that I just love MT original. It was a gorgeous brown dark tan and fade of was amazing. I am going to use it on a client on Friday, can't wait to hear what she thinks.

I think the reason why it fades so great is because it is left on for only 2 hours instead of 8. I love it though, thanks for commenting your experience, exactly what I needed :D:p

Hi honey, have you ever noticed MT 12% developing lighter than usual on you? I'm using 10% and it came out lovely and dark the first time but it seems to be lighter ever since.

I think for MT you just have to find the right one for each season. Did you ever get Norvell samples Ash and if so how do you find them?

Hi honey, have you ever noticed MT 12% developing lighter than usual on you? I'm using 10% and it came out lovely and dark the first time but it seems to be lighter ever since.

No never had this problem Hun, think it was lighter once because I had a shower right beforehand which alters skins ph but as long as I just shower in the morning I never have a problem :)

No never had this problem Hun, think it was lighter once because I had a shower right beforehand which alters skins ph but as long as I just shower in the morning I never have a problem :)

I had a shower 3 hours before I did it? I better have a shower the night before. Do you notice it goes lighter on your menstrual cycle?

I think for MT you just have to find the right one for each season. Did you ever get Norvell samples Ash and if so how do you find them?

Yes I did and I did like the colour but I was looking for a fast tan rather than a 8 hour tan. But unfortunately I love violet tan but they don't work!

I had a shower 3 hours before I did it? I better have a shower the night before. Do you notice it goes lighter on your menstrual cycle?

It depends if you’re using a shower gel before it as well as sometimes they can be quite harsh and strip skins ph. And yes I’m on the pill but when I have my 7 day break I don’t usually bother with any tan as the colour usually doesn’t develop right...my Shellac sometimes lifts as well! You’re cycle definitely effects everything

It depends if you’re using a shower gel before it as well as sometimes they can be quite harsh and strip skins ph. And yes I’m on the pill but when I have my 7 day break I don’t usually bother with any tan as the colour usually doesn’t develop right...my Shellac sometimes lifts as well! You’re cycle definitely effects everything

Thanks so much for for confirming that cause I was starting to get annoyed with MT. I have showered before an 8 hour tan and it never affected the tan it must be because it is a different technology. I think I might get them ph strips and test everything lol :D:D

I know this thread is donkeys old lol but was just wondering what soap you use in the shower that doesn't affect your skin?

Here’s Suntanna
https://www.suntana.com/spray_tan/suntana-v/

LDN Skins
https://www.monuskin.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=3_81

Just read the description and it doesn’t say LDN Skins is violet based but it is a brown tan. Lots look orange in me and I can’t wear golden ones.

Hi I'm looking at violet based tans from various brands. I am interested in the LDN:Skins tan. Which one have you used? Is the express tan any good? Also what do you think of Suntana V so far?
Thanks

Hi I'm looking at violet based tans from various brands. I am interested in the LDN:Skins tan. Which one have you used? Is the express tan any good? Also what do you think of Suntana V so far?
Thanks

I’ve used all of them and def recommend them although I’m now using bondi sands and suntana V

I’ve used all of them and def recommend them although I’m now using bondi sands and suntana V
Is Bondi Sands good? I took their dry oil spray on holiday to top up my legs and my daughter used it all over (she's so fair and doesn't tan so has to top up on holiday!) and we were both impressed with that and then I saw an advert for their professional spray tan range so am quite tempted ...

Is Bondi Sands good? I took their dry oil spray on holiday to top up my legs and my daughter used it all over (she's so fair and doesn't tan so has to top up on holiday!) and we were both impressed with that and then I saw an advert for their professional spray tan range so am quite tempted ...

My clients love it and the tan lasts longer than others I’ve used.

Latest posts

Back