Feeling disheartened

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Good morning

I am a mobile therapist, and I’m quite worried about lack of engagement from clients. And lack of new clients.

I’m doing all I can re advertising I’ve given out business cards, doing monthly offers and regularly posting on social media. However no one is responding. If I do have clients, they don’t come back and don’t leave a review or tell me what they have thought of the treatment. I’m starting to wonder if they just don’t like me and I’m taking it personally.

I’m wondering if anyone else is struggling or if mobile Beauty is going out of fashion?

I’m not sure whether to renew my insurance in September as it’s now April and I’ve only had 3 clients since Christmas. I’m feeling so disheartened as I’ve put so much effort into this.

Has anyone got any wise advice?
Thanks
Charlotte

Bless you, it must be so annoying knowing you go to all the trouble to make it an amazing experience for clients, for them not to even have the courtesy of leaving a quick review!

This scares me as I’m just starting out. Not sure if I’ll go mobile. I’ll either do it from home or within a hair salon.
Have you considered renting a room / space or doing it from home?
Also how long have you been a therapist?

Take it easy, don’t stress too much. Things will pick up!

All the best x

Try not to get downhearted and give up too easily. It’s normal to be very slow when building up your business in the beginning. Clients are probably already going elsewhere so you need to work out what you could offer to make them try you instead. Discounting your prices sometimes puts people off as they assume you’re either very inexperienced or not very good so maybe look at other ways of making your services attractive to new clients.

Also, if they haven’t re-booked, it would be really good to find out why. It might be something easily fixed. Have you any good beauty friends that would be willing to be models for you and give you honest feedback?

Have a read of this very long thread to give you some ideas of what other geeks have tried. It might help to inspire you. :)
https://www.salongeek.com/threads/more-ways-to-promote-your-business.83160/

Also, regarding social media, ancient bods like myself and my friends never really use it but rely on word of mouth advertising. I work from home mostly and All of my clients are word of mouth. I don’t advertise at all. My clients do it for me.

Thank you all for your responses.

I’ve not got enough clients to open a room at the moment. Our house isn’t ideal to use as a business, unless we took down the summerhouse and built something in its place, which is more money that i won’t make back.

When I worked at the salon, timing was one of my weak points. I’m gradually speeding up particularly with shellac and facials. Most people know I’ve have RA, and are understanding re timing, but when people I don’t know book, I guess maybe they get frustrated because I take my time and being a perfectionist doesn’t help .

There is also so much competition where I live, and I recently saw another salon has opened.

I’ll have a read of the link.
X

Latest posts

Back