Feeling flat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bumblebee78

Reaction score
I don't know whether it's to do with the time of year or what, but I've been feeling really flat for a few days now. I have a home salon and only work very part time at the moment as my main priority is to be a mum to my two girls. Since I started in September, I've managed to make what I need to, and that keeps everyone happy, however I've only got 3 clients book in for January so far, which I'm feeling a bit worried about. I also bought some things to sell on eBay which I'm now starting to think was a mistake. I feel a bit like I'm in over my head, which is crazy as its not been that long and I've not given any of it a chance really! I was fine before Xmas! Not sure what happened! I just want to hibernate under my duvet until I feel better, but I'm not even sure what the problem is or why I feel like this!!!sorry for the rant. Just needed to write it down I guess!!!

I found working from home , Xmas at home , kids off school at home and all the rest (mostly based around home) including the preparation and clients,
Exhausting this year!
And for a few days I wanted to curl up and hide to,

Take it easy while you have the gap in clients , enjoy the time with your little ones , I don't know how old you'rs are but if school age they will be back soon? And you can hopefully find that 2nd wind in time to pull the valentines clients in xxx

Thanks mizzy, one is 8 and the other is 2. I decided that I would let the business develop slowly so that when my little one goes to pre-school, and then school I could build up my clients gradually. I have a few regular clients that tend to ring a couple of days before they want something, I also have a couple that book in advance. It's just panicking me a little that January is a long month and everyone is skint after Xmas! I hope things will pick up when things return to normal and I have done a mini leaflet drop in my area to tell people I'm here! So fingers crossed! I would just like to feel a bit better about it and not pretend to feel better about it, if u know what I mean!!!

Not helping that I just had a client cancel tmrw coz she's got no money!!! Grrr to Xmas!!!

I feel like this alot!

Don't worrie Hun it's so hard to build up the clients. On my days off I work really hard, advising, sending the clients I do have emails. Leaflet dropping ect. The harder I do this the better the outcome.

X

Not helping that I just had a client cancel tmrw coz she's got no money!!! Grrr to Xmas!!!

I know! It's a pain... I had 6 cancel in one day as they had no money for tans. I always right on my page cancelation at ... For ... Who ever wants it will get 20% off and they seem to get taken x

Thing is I start feeling paranoid when people cancel! (ok now I'm starting to sound neurotic!!!) I feel like my work is bad and they will go somewhere else or not come back!!!! I put on my page that I've got a cancellation tmrw so we shall see.

Free need to snap out of this fast! I sound nothing like me!!!

hey honey

chin up. The period between Christmas and new year i always find a little bit of a downer. I feel the same every year. We've just got past two days which we've been planning for what feels like forever ;) then we're waiting for new year to begin. I've come down with a gastric bug as well this year and I'm actually just thankful for a lull. I only started in September and haven't really advertised but had a pleasant stream of clients so far. You're mojo will come back in January honey just side these few days out. As said its a funny time of year!

Love n hugs chick x x x

Oh my God Bumblebee, I could have written your post (except I don't have kids!)
I feel your pain. I was made redundant from a well paid Beauty Management job in September and have been trying to work for myself since. I was renting a room as well as being home based and offering mobile service. I have just given up the room as it turned out to be a money pit! I am going to focus all my energies on my room at home.
It's gonna be tough but I am determined to make it work. I have just spring cleaned and re-organised my room and this has helped to get me motivated. now I am off to my sisters to brainstorm ideas and see what we can come up with to try attract new clients.
I guess what I am trying to say is you are not alone in feeling this way but soon you will snap out of this and hit the ground running. Ask a friend or relative for ideas to get you started and don't beat yourself up for not being an overnight succcess. Rome was not built in a day!

Thanks purplespark (love the name btw!!) I feel a little better this week. I'm sorry to hear about your situation! Being made redundant sucks! Was your brainstorming session any good?! There are several threads on here that give ideas for getting clients. I hope things take off for you at home. It's a tough climate at the moment, and altho my business isn't exactly "thriving" at the moment, it is slowly growing which was my intention so that I could increase my hours and clients when my little one goes to pre-school

Yay, you are already sounding a little more positive!
We designed some flyers and will be delivering them as soon as they arrive! I gave my web designer lots of work to do too! And then my sis helped me with my accounts, which was totally depressing!
Lol, I am so not a business woman.

Latest posts

Back