Feeling lost

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailbird

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks,
I've been established for a few yrs and have always been busy but recently there seems to be several nail bars and salons opening up around me offering cheap treatments and I understand people see a bargain and want the treatment cheaper and yes sometimes they come back due to bad work but a couple of salons do really good work at cheap prices. Can I ask for some advice on how I can get my little beauty room buzzing again I've lost my mojo a bit I look at what other salons are doing on the fb pages and it kinda depresses and worries me as I can't compete with there prices and they always seem to be busy (so there fb page says)
I love my job and my clients and want to get bck to fully booked as I used to be help please

Thanks

Hello,
I really feel for you.. The area where I live there are approximately 20 other therapists in a 2 mile radius! Seriously!
It's tough but stick to your guns, keep your prices at what you think you are worth.. These other silly salons that are charging peanuts may be busy but will be hardly making any profit with having their prices so low. X

I always keep my Facebook updated with photos of my work which my clients seen to really like, so I would recommend that! X

Thanks geeks I try and take pics of my work an then post them on fb, and I've just had new flyers cards and redecorate of salon to give me a bit of umph I know the other salons poss not making money its just so frustrating I used to be busy then ppl couldn't boom in so went elsewhere and now I have several days where I have gaps :( just seems there are salons popping up everywhere and clients are also goin on nail courses them selves as they think its easy money on the side so that takes clients as they do there friends n families etc
X

I've got the same problem with my area saturated with NSS & beauty salons.
I can't compete with their prices.

All I can say is keep trying!

I've tried lots of things from Lynne's thread. Not gained any clients yet,but I'm going to keep trying, I'm researching all the wedding make up artist & wedding venues, then going to contact them by email, and send my leaders and business cards in post. Trying to compose a nice introduction letter.
Try and see if we can help each other in promoting our businesses.

I've read through bits of Lynne's thread I'm registering with the free online buisness listings also goin into local bridal shops and going to offer them a half price voucher and see if they will have a treatment with me and display and reccomend me as hopefully they would take up the offer so could reccomend by experience. I'm also goin to flyer drop my local area and hopefully it should get some more buisness
It is hard I live in a small town and the number of hairdressers/beauticians/nail techs are unbelievable and it has become quite catty between salons I'm happy to stay out of that just hate not being busy fingers crossed for us all it will pick up gotta think positive

Xx

Latest posts

Back