Feeling sick after doing OPI Gelcolor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FakeBakeLover99

Reaction score
This may seem like a silly question but I'm completely fine when doing client nails with Gelcolor but when i do my own I clearly have my hand up closer to my face and breathe in the fumes cause I always feel really sick and unwell after I've done them. do you guys use some sort of extractor to prevent this? Or does that only stop dust?

I tried opening the window but it didn't help much. It got to the point that I nearly fainted last week after I had finished doing them so I'm pretty sure that's not good for me.

Thanks everyone

Vicky xxxx

Why not try one of those paper masks, may help?

I'm not even sure why I didn't think of that! Lol it's like a simple idea and there is me thinking of extractor fans lol xxx

:):):)
I'm not even sure why I didn't think of that! Lol it's like a simple idea and there is me thinking of extractor fans lol xxx
That's why we're all here to help each other

Paper masks stop dust but I'd be surprised if they stop fumes. Maybe a specific type of respirator would but not your average paper mask.

There are different grades of face masks from the surgical ones for bacteria and viruses, to paper ones for dust to full on respirators for dangerous fumes. For things like paint fumes or working our beehive, we use an N95 mask - still lightweight and inexpensive, but effective. You might try that.

Attachments

• respexample11.jpg
    respexample11.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Thanks everyone's [emoji3][emoji3] xxx

Latest posts

Back