Feeling sick with worry about nail client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Oasis. Do you know anyone who is a solicitor??? If you do, they can put a letter together for you (as an individual rather than through their law firm therefore costing your zilch) saying that they're your solicitor and that you'll take legal action against her if she continues to talk about you. She does sound like a piece of work but for most people I think this would be enough to put the wind up them. Good luck, I hope this all turns out ok for you. I think the fact that she didn't come back and see you for so long really works in your favour. Firstly, if they felt that uncomfortable any sane person would be back within a couple of days and secondly, if she'd had proper maintenance it would all be fine x

Exactly, she came in on a Tuesday and didn't get married until the Saturday! I asked why she didn't come in before the wedding if she wasn't pleased and she said she was too busy. She keeps changing her story too.
I'm starting to feel my confidence reappear now :)
I don't think I know anyone who is a solicitor. But I will ask around.

It's strange how the world works...I must have had about 3 different comments just now via Facebook/twitter from clients saying what wonderful treatments they have received today.
Someone obviously knew I needed a little boost. Why can't all clients be this nice!

What an awful woman, my sympathies are with you :hug:

Hope it all works out for you.

I don't really think she has much of a leg to stand on tho, tbh. The most brilliantly applied nails would be looking a bit shabby after 5 weeks, they should have been filled at no more than 3, SHE chose to leave them which made them tip heavy and out of balance and vulnerable ... you don't blame Tesco if you leave meat in your fridge for so long it goes off, do you? Same thing.

And the fact that she keeps changing her story is def in your favour too. Make a written note of your conversations and everything so you can refer back if you need to.

Best of luck :hug:

I had a client for nail extensions who wanted them done for her wedding. She was pleased at the time and tipped me.
She has recently called me to say that they have ruined her nails. (It's a really long story so I'm cutting out a lot of detail) here are the facts:
-she had them done 5 weeks ago with no further infill appointments
-she came in this week and I soaked them off, gave her her money back and a bottle of cuticle oil for free (wouldn't normally give money back but she was asking for my insurance details)
-I believe she picked them off
-she has asked for my insurance details despite having her money back etc
-I have been told by a few friends that they have heard of some woman going around telling anyone who will listen about how bad I am at nails! (I live in a small village)

I don't know what to do with myself. I want to ring her but I also don't want to stir things in case she doesn't decide to make a claim.
Does she have a case when it's probably her that has picked them off?
Oh geese I'm so stressed and upset :(

I wouldn't of refunded her or done a free soaked off as this in its self is admitting liability even if you are not to blame, and now may give her some leverage now she is making a claim.

As soon as she said she wanted insurance details I would of taken pictures of the nails with the enhancements in situ to show 5 weeks without in fills and any possible damage SHE may have done by picking and not having infills.

Soaked them off and taken pictures.

Unfortunately there are some very nasty people out there who will claim for no reason what so ever, in fact this may have nothing to do with the nails being 'damaged' instead she could financially in trouble etc and sees you as an easy way of making money, she may even be a serial claimant!

Im shocked reading this in 10 years iv had 1 or 2 pain in the butt clients but cant believe the lengths people go. What to get the price of a set of nails back.
She aint got a leg to stand on. I really wouldnt worry. Think to future not to past so make sure ur clients next get the best treatment so they can go back and say how well you done their treatments.
In 5 weeks shud have had at least 1/2 infills depending on her natural nail growth.
If she wasnt happy she shud of come back to you sooner.
if she has pucked them off you will be able to see the damage from the picked off nails to the ones you soaked off.
You shudnt of offered a refund as does look like there was something wrong but can understnad why you have. Im glad you have as im sure I read somewhere hun that if they havnt paid for a treatment they cant claim as they have nothing to claim for.
She prob just testing water and see if you actually had insurance.
I really wouldnt worry hope you get sorted tho :).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe she overspent on the wedding and is trying to get some of the costs back! Glad you've been getting positive recognition from clients, I bet most of the people she's mouthing off to know the kind of person she is anyway. Really hope your insurance company tell her to F off!! X

Hugs! Just following your thread, she sounds awful! Stay strong Hun! Xxxx

Latest posts

Back