Feelings on styling/updos?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jinnyjinbob

Reaction score
Just wondering how other geeks feel about the styling element of hairdressing?
I hate it! I lack creativity, patience and enthusiasm for updos. I know that's bad but I just enjoy colouring and cutting so much more.

I have a friend getting married in the summer who wants me to do her wedding hair. She's ending me pictures and ideas and I'm struggling to get excited! It's something I don't enjoy and therefore my least confident part of my job.

I'm sure with a bit of practice and some brushing up on skills I'd be able to do it no problem. Just feeling a bit meh!

Any advice?
Thanks
X

I don't do hair up as I simply don't like it, I don't enjoy any of it. People tell me to go on courses to get more confidence but I don't want to! Lol if my friends ask me to do their hair for weddings etc I just say I don't do hair up x

I Love it x look on YouTube or possibly even instagram for ideas x

I don't do hair up as I simply don't like it, I don't enjoy any of it. People tell me to go on courses to get more confidence but I don't want to! Lol if my friends ask me to do their hair for weddings etc I just say I don't do hair up x

I'm glad I'm not alone! I really do feel like I want to say no but I'd feel terrible as she is a friend! It's a predicament. Think I'll just have to suck it up but she wants bridesmaids as well! :O x

My friend is getting married and wanted me to do her hair and bridesmaids and I just said no lol it's a lot of pressure, if you really don't feel comfortable I wouldn't do it and help her find someone else to do it for her x

My friend is getting married and wanted me to do her hair and bridesmaids and I just said no lol it's a lot of pressure, if you really don't feel comfortable I wouldn't do it and help her find someone else to do it for her x

Well I think I'm going to need help anyway as there's her and 4 bridesmaids! I'm also a Guest at the wedding so will need to bet all of them done and then get myself ready too. Trouble is, she's not getting married locally. She's actually getting married down in Cornwall which will be beautiful but makes it hard for her to find someone else or for me to recommend. X

Some great salons in Cornwall. Do you know whereabouts the wedding is taking place in Cornwall?

I wouldn't want to do it and be a guest too. Too much hassle.

This area is where I suffer the most as I find I'm just not good at it I can do all your basic hair ups like curls rolls etc but anything fancy is a no no lol I practice and spend a fortune on buying things to do with hair up and watch you tube but just can't seem to master it, I'm planning on going on the Patrick Cameron course in London this year so hope that will bring my confidence up with that x

There's a woman on here who does amazing hair ups her pics are on the hair up thread think her name is pink wonder or similar and her hair ups are fantastic x

Thanks ladies. The place is called Polhawn fort. The nearest villages are called Cawsand and Kingsand (I think) I think it's relatively near Plymouth. x

Latest posts

Back