Fibreglass nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I start my nail technician course on the 31st of this month! (super excited!)
I was just wondering if anyone has ever used fibreglass nails? I don't know much about them but the process looks way more time consuming than acrylic.

Don't think many places tend to do them now, the good thing with the silk that you use for fibreglass, you can use for repairs on the natural nail. X

Hey, I do fibreglass. They are pretty old school. A lot of people prefer it as a strengthener to natural nail rather than something to put tips on with. As pp said though they are fab for repairs on natural nails. I use it under gel polish and you really can't tell x

They're actually easy to apply really and give a beautiful finish but it's something I rarely do anymore, I use it for the odd repair once in a blue moon.

I really like doing them, but aren't as strong as acrylic. Pretty quick and easy to soak off too. I think they are easy to apply too, especially as a NNO. X

I've been having fibreglass since October last year. I used to have acrylic and they would last me a maximum of two weeks. So far, the longest I have gone with fibreglass is five weeks! I'm a full time hairdresser and I'm rubbish at wearing gloves so my hands/nails are constantly in chemicals and water so I think five weeks is pretty impressive! However, I did a nail tech course a few years ago and was taught how to do fibreglass nails and they always seemed very brittle and not really worth the time/money, but the lady who does mine uses a completely different method and they're amazing! Plus she actually managed to sculpt using the fibreglass so I get the length without having the weakness that can sometimes happen on the join line (can't remember the proper name) of a tip.

Latest posts

Back