Files and sanitation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxnails2015

The sole man
Reaction score
So just interested what everyone does with files and buffer blocks? Do you have individual files for clients. Do you dispose of them after each service? Do you sanitise them between clients? I'm trying to do my costings and can't decide which to do!

So just interested what everyone does with files and buffer blocks? Do you have individual files for clients. Do you dispose of them after each service? Do you sanitise them between clients? I'm trying to do my costings and can't decide which to do!
I buy files which are designed to be sanitised and disinfected between clients. So I use a nail brush to first remove any loose dust, then wash with hot soapy water and finally a good spray with Munro file disinfectant and allow to air dry. This can be done at the end of the day so there is then a batch of files ready to use the next day.

Oh and if not disposing after each use always, always take out a clean one for the next client :)

I buy files which are designed to be sanitised and disinfected between clients. So I use a nail brush to first remove any loose dust, then wash with hot soapy water and finally a good spray with Munro file disinfectant and allow to air dry. This can be done at the end of the day so there is then a batch of files ready to use the next day.

Oh and if not disposing after each use always, always take out a clean one for the next client :)
Which types of files would these be? x

I buy mine from Sally's.

understanding the importance of good hygiene practices when it comes to performing treatments & following that through is essential, but not with files, in my opinion. I always think it's overkill, (like what are they going to catch!?) brushing off the dust & giving them a quick spray is more than adequate. If a client is contraindicated to the the treatment you wouldn't be doing it anyway, therefore no need for a new file right!? I use lots of different files/buffers all at once & the only reason I change a file is when the grit is longer useful for my requirements!

I do the same as pure. I've got a mix of files from S2 and Sally's.

Thanks for your advice everyone. I think I just get obsessed with cleanliness. I'll use the Mundo file disinfectant.

Latest posts

Back