Filing natural nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joyce

Reaction score
Please can anyone tell me the right way to file nails ?

How do you mean, file nails? Do you mean enhancements or natural nails?

Did you not learn that during your training?

I was taught to file from sides but have heard that this weakens nails - latest by dermatologists say to file back and forth ????

The info below is taken from the prep tutorial Sam did over 4 years ago... http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/3007-perfect-preparation.html
The Geek said:
I then shape the free edge of the natural nail plate with a 240 grit abrasive (Kanga board).

Before you ask (and I knew you would)… no, I don’t file side to centre. The reason being is that derms are now suggesting that using gentle motions and a gentle abrasive in a back and forth direction on the natural nail free edge actually helps to prevent splitting and peeling of the natural nail plate.
hth's

Hi there Joyce,
Welcome the the site:hug: xxx

Are you trained in 'doing' nails or are you a 'consumer' iykwim, I'm not trying tobe rude. You post has appeared in the consumers queries forum, so that tells me your not a professional nail technician, therefore, a consumer of such things.
I'd hate to tell you the wrong thing so, are you looking at filing your natural nails or your enhanced nails.
Have you trianed as a tech yet or is that not what you are??
I hope you understand where i'm coming from.
xxxx

Latest posts

Back