Fine art nails newbie feeling sad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nvl

Reaction score
Hello all
I recently attended a workshop with crystal nails in fine art and I sucked big time!! I know this is silly but I just thorght as I was an A* student in art in school (although this was over 10 years ago!!!) that I would have a natural ability... Sigh...

However I was determined not to let the session stop me so I have been practicing. Unfortunately I still suck :( do you think some people just can't do it?

My question to you is how long did you practice till you became effienient?
Also could my technique be wrong? The paint struggles to come off the brush when I'm trying to do a thin line, however if I add more water to the paint it isn't black enough.

Please give me some advice and perhaps some hope? :) xxx

It could be your brush and paint is drying quicker than your used to, don't give up, you can do it :)
Sometimes we think too much and don't work fast enough, try the same design with the same steps and it should help.
I suck at real art :) but on nails I'm good. 😃

Don't feel dis heartened I did this course even tho I love the crystal nails brand I came away feeling disappointed an since then I have not used anything I took away from that course. I practice but as I explained I'm not very creative an sitting drawing wiggly lines all day I just could not see how I would incorporate this into my designs. :(

Perhaps it is just the technique that is not right for you. Or you need to tweak the method to suit you.
Don't let it put you off. I was getting frustrated with using striping tape. I have lost count of how many different techniques I tried with tape, each time I failed. I now use a striping brush or laser effect stamping plate instead. Find what works for you.
I am sure your customers will still love it, as we do seem to set ourselves very high standards.

Latest posts

Back