First Brazilian didn't go well

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnewMe

Reaction score
So I did the Kim Lawless female intimate waxing course last week. FANTASTIC training, absolutely loved it! Last night I had my first practise on a friend. I really battled to get the hair out! She was sweating quite a lot but I dabbed the skin with a tissue. I wasn't happy with the result at all and she says she's a bit tender and red today (she did say her skin is a bit sensitive anyway but I must be doing something wrong). What could I be doing wrong? Possibly not stretching enough? Or not using enough pressure when applying the wax? Any other ideas about what I might be doing wrong?? I'm so upset and worried as I'm practising on another friend tomorrow!

Make sure you use talc/oil to use as a barrier, stretching is really important, try not go over the same area more than one/ twice, don't be afraid to really rip the wax of so it all comes off. Don't worry you will get better the more you do them x

Make sure you use talc/oil to use as a barrier, stretching is really important, try not go over the same area more than one/ twice, don't be afraid to really rip the wax of so it all comes off. Don't worry you will get better the more you do them x
I use oil...maybe I wasn't stretching enough. I was a bit worried about really ripping the wax off...thanks so much for the encouragent. I hope I do get better! X

Think about your training and how it was done. I remember little things like how Kim showed me to pull up, then get my supporting hand right in there to support the skin before the next pull. I can see her now showing me.

Was there a particular area you found hard? Do also contact Kim for some help of you need it.

I trained with Kim and three days later had 3 Brazilians in. Two went really well but the third was awful. A very creased foofoo!!! I contacted Kim, and she talked me through how to tackle it. The next time I did the same client, she was really impressed that I had contacted my trainer for help. I did her again, and she jumped off the couch at the end saying "Is that it???". Needless to say, she's a regular!

Vic x

Think about your training and how it was done. I remember little things like how Kim showed me to pull up, then get my supporting hand right in there to support the skin before the next pull. I can see her now showing me.

Was there a particular area you found hard? Do also contact Kim for some help of you need it.

I trained with Kim and three days later had 3 Brazilians in. Two went really well but the third was awful. A very creased foofoo!!! I contacted Kim, and she talked me through how to tackle it. The next time I did the same client, she was really impressed that I had contacted my trainer for help. I did her again, and she jumped off the couch at the end saying "Is that it???". Needless to say, she's a regular!

Vic x
Like you, I remember the things Kim said so clearly and I know I did a lot of things right but I think I've just got into a muddle and doubting myself and I can't remember something about one of the strips. I think I'll contact Kim and ask as it's driving me crazy trying to figure it out! You were so brave doing 3 the day after! X

Like you, I remember the things Kim said so clearly and I know I did a lot of things right but I think I've just got into a muddle and doubting myself and I can't remember something about one of the strips. I think I'll contact Kim and ask as it's driving me crazy trying to figure it out! You were so brave doing 3 the day after! X
Just realised you said 3 days later, not tge day day! Still brave!!!

Just realised you said 3 days later, not tge day day! Still brave!!!

You will soon get the hang of it - honestly. Its quite nerve racking the first couple of times when doing intimate waxing - but, before you know it, it will all fall into place and you will amaze yourself at how good you really are :)

Vic x
Vic you were so right! I sat down to email Kim and as I was writing the email and trying to explain what was confusing me, I was imaging what Kim showed us and it was like a lightbulb came on! It just clicked and I remembered! Feel like an idiot now. Hope it works tomorrow and I get the hair out more effectively with no soreness after :) x

Well I did say don't wax friends or family:). Even if they behave themselves you feel an added stress.

Probably best if you call me and once I've asked you some questions I'll tell you exactly what happened. Don't worry! 07739832328. Call now if you can. x

Just spoken to Kim and now I'm raring to go again! Kim is awesome and now I'm actually excited for my Brazilian appointment tomorrow! Thanks everyone x

Just a quick update...I did another Brazilian today and it went really really well! No stopping me now :-D

Latest posts

Back