First Client Nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gorgeousnails

Reaction score
Ok, I just qualified like a week ago from the beauty academy!
Well, I did my own nails as my first full set.
But, one of my friends asked me how much for full set the other day, and booked an appointment for yesterday.
Went there, and OMG! the worst nails I've seen in my life. The were literally 4mm from cuticle to tip! I was so stressed out, then she wanted them ridiculously long, like an inch or more! I was trying to tell her, at this length, they really wont stay on.
I was stressing out big time. took me 2 and 3/4 hrs to do the full set! got a tip on and it stuck to skin, and then got it on and it just didnt blend, blended it and her kid came in wanting something or other, then the puppy started sqwarking, then the phone rang and smeared the partically set gel!

sorry for the rant but what a nightmare first client!!!!

is it me??

has anyone else had this much of a nightmare for a first client??!

Oh hun!! That sounds like a nightmare - i am almost qualified and i am struggling to get the confidence to go out there and do it so well done for giving it ago.

I know it will get easier and its all good practice so hang in there!! It can only get better!!

Perhaps in the furture you could do a mini consultation when making the appt, either over the phone or in person (however they approach you). That would be a good opportunity to advise etc.

On my consultation form i make the client sign to say that i will not accept responsibility/guarantee for the nail if they want it longer than 1/3 of their natural nail plate.

HTH XXX

Ah poor you. unfortunatly even when you have been doing nails for some time these nightmare clients every once in a while will slip in.

My advice to you would be do some sets on close friends and family at a reduced rate. Also do it in a place that is relaxing take your time.

i personally think perfecting the nails is more important than being able to them in a certain amount of time you will then speed up the more you do?

I used to have a clients whos child liked to sit on my lap while i done her nails! it was so annoying x

thats why i did them on my friend!!! charged her alot less!
i thought it was just her and her daughter, but turns out, her dad and new bloke live there aswell, so it was like rush hour at piccadilly circus!
but you live to learn i guess!!!!
think i will avoid her nails from now on, say im fully booked or something!! lol!

well at least the worst is over with!the other clients might seem a lot easier now!

ha ha yeah tell her that! or ask her to tell everyone to go out or take the puupy for a walk

well hope you next client is better.
x

Ah poor you. unfortunatly even when you have been doing nails for some time these nightmare clients every once in a while will slip in.

My advice to you would be do some sets on close friends and family at a reduced rate. Also do it in a place that is relaxing take your time.

i personally think perfecting the nails is more important than being able to them in a certain amount of time you will then speed up the more you do?

I used to have a clients whos child liked to sit on my lap while i done her nails! it was so annoying x

it was good to here you say about timing as im always worrying about my time and i dont seem to get any quicker and ive been qualified for 3 years now and working self employed mobile for 2. it takes me about an hour-hour and half to do a full set of sculptured acrylic about an hour for an infill but 2 HOURS for a backfill, i seem to only be able to do a decent backfill if i drill a large amount of white of and then re-apply which i know is pointless but they just look awfull doing it any other way!

Latest posts

Back