First Client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popular Polish

Reaction score
Hello lovelies!

As you can see, I'm new to SG. I'm also fairly new to the professional nail salon business! After months of preparation, gathering of suitable products, legal/insurance bizz, and turning the main room of my flat into a salon type escape, I've become prof.

I have my first official client tomorrow... And as I'm sure a lot of you were, I'm REALLY nervous! I've rehearsed so many times, had a lot of 'free clients' (IE the family and friends stage), but i'm still terrified and obsessed for it to go perfectly. I keep rehearsing the consultation, what to chat about (It's easy with family and friends, as the chatting just bounces!), and each tiny step of her particular mani.

She's also got acrylics, which i've never had on MYSELF, so i'm far less experienced. It's all well and good to be qualified, but no matter how much you know and have trained, it's scary doing something for the first time.

Argh!! Any tips?

Hi I had exactly the same thing a few months ago and I spoke about everything!

Ask lots of questions to get them talking, find out about them as a person.

What do they do for work?
Are they going on holiday? (Great selling tool for toes)
Do you know the same people in the area?
Where do they live, has anything changed near them like new shops opening etc
Do they normally like French, glitter or colours on there nails?
Discuss nail options for their next visit.

Hope this helps!

All I can say is just go for it, first clients are always nerve wracking for everyone. The last thing that you want to do is work yourself up so your hands are shaking (like I did :cry:) you are a trained professional that knows her stuff so get in there and start your career!!! good luck!!!

By the way you mentioned acrylics, whay is she booked in for?

She's in for nail art, having navy with bows.

Great topics, thank you!

Good luck! Let us know how it goes - don't forget to take a picture!

Well that was rather a buzz! What a feeling, having your art on someone else! She seemed very happy and took some cards for her friends.

I was so annoyed that I forgot to take a picture!!

I was looking forward to seeing it ! Lol well done! That's the first one of many I am sure.

Latest posts

Back