First dealing with horrible techs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kasey590

Reaction score
Well I've been going really well lately, Studying hard and I've almost completely my Tech course. My facebook page is booming and I'm getting alot of experience so im passing my assessments easily.

I log into my facebook page today and see that my star rating has gone from a 5 star rating with 18 people having rated me. To a 4 star rating with 23 people having rated me. This completely baffled me to be honest because I know I do good work and over night it seemed damn sus lol!

So i did some snooping and found that a few other local techs had decided to get on and post negative star reviews to bring my rating down and do it privatly so I couldnt see it. So i removed the ratings tab from my page. Which sucks because it was nice to see peoples constructive feedback.

I wasnt upset though, more happy that my work was making an impact, one way or another, so I messaged a tech that lives about 30 minutes from me, someone whos work id been watching and greatly admiring (shes also a member of this forum lol) and told them how awesome they were and how much i loved what they were doing.

At the end of the day haters are gunna hate. I cant change that but my reaction to it can be negative or positive. Id rather be positive and lift someone up who deserves it instead of allow myself to be brought down.

Just a little leason I learnt today in positivity and the power of support!

Well done for staying positive!! Its a hard enough life without the haters as you say - smile and move on :cool:

I had this happen to me too, I have also had a nearby tech make nasty comments about a set of nails on my page (the same set that someone I admire greatly really loved) so I just barred her from my page. There will always be jealous nasty people unfortunately. You did the right thing to rise above it. :)

Kasey590, how did you actually find out who rated you? The same has just happened to me recently.

I'm lucky enough to have friends that had the person on their friends list so they were able to see the posts and notified me. I also was able to see them from a different account but the must have changed the settings so just they could see it because the post was gone a minute or two later but the amount of ratings were still there. I'm really good at internet stuff. Really tech savvy so I can find anything given enough time ;-)

*~*~*~* Saucy Sweetheart *~*~*~*

This has happened to me from a complete stranger! My rating has gone 4.5 on Facebook. I read up a lot regarding blocking and removing this persons negative review but we can't. If we remove our business address then we lose our rating altogether.
It is ashame and it affects alot of other businesses out there too.
Keep your spirits up! We all know we are ace and worth it! X

Yeah I just removed my star rating all together. Is rather not have it than have some rude pains in the bum try to ruin my hard work hahah

After a friend of mine had the same problem with a jealous horrible girl in our area I'm terrified of setting a page up lol.... As anyone can rate you even if they haven't used your services. Why are there so many people out there so quick to put other people and their businesses down x

I've had this a couple of times, recently it was a local nail tech that I've actually known for about 10 years?! Really weird!

Glad you're looking at it from a positive perspective and well done for all your success :)

Well done you on staying positive I would say write a post notifying all customers about it but that may look petty and may also spark a tech war lol something you don’t wont as if will destroy both your reputations just ignore it and get all your friends to rate you and just build it back up x

Hahaha this is what I put on my business page wall :)

Ok lovely ladies :) it looks like I've got a few haters out there ;-)

Some people, people who seem to be in competition with me for whatever reason, people who I've never seen for nails or even met for that matter, are leaving negative star reviews and then marking them as private so I can't see them in order to bring down my 5 star review level.
So unfortunately I'll be removing the Star Reviews from my page.

I am a good honest person who works very hard at what I do and I encourage all of you who DO see me for nails and have been happy with my work to leave a WALL POST on my page instead as a review for other people to see because in a few minutes time the star reviews you lovely people have left will not be able to be seen any more.

Thank you everyone for your amazing support. I guess sometimes people just feel like they need to bring people down in order to make themselves feel better, it's a sad fact but it happens all too often in today's day and age.

I however am personally unaffected by the negative because I did an awesome set of nails today and I'm happy with how they turned out so it's a good day haha Stay Saucy Ladies!

xox

Brilliant! Xxx

Not sure if it's another tech but sometimes people just want to be horrible. Some man who lives all the way in Mexico who has never been to my salon in his life decided to give a 1 star rating. Very rude and annoying!

Not sure if it's another tech but sometimes people just want to be horrible. Some man who lives all the way in Mexico who has never been to my salon in his life decided to give a 1 star rating. Very rude and annoying!

Nah it was another tech. I caught them doing it :)

Latest posts

Back