First set of eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForYou

Reaction score
Hey geeks

I done Mylash training in July and yesterday I finally got to do a full set on a friend of mine. Her lashes were very tricky they were all pointing in all different directions and it became very frustrating to be honest lol.

I just wanted any feedback back from those who do lashes. Is this set good enough? Could I have added more etc?

The top picture is before and the bottom picture is after.

Thank You.

Attachments

• 1442910662496.jpg
    1442910662496.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 319
It looks like you need to add a lot more lashes I can see quite a few that have been missed and try working on isolating your lashes a little better and placing the lashes neater and working on their direction. Lashes can take quite a few sets and time to perfect I really struggled with isolating when I started it wasn't a treatment I was naturally good at! Just keep practising

Yeah on the left hand side in the corner I kinda missed that section because her lashes were so badly intertwined with one another. What would u do in this case?

I kept trying to use the brush to seperate them but it just wasn't working lol.

Can I ask do you isolate the lash first then prepare the lash with the glue or do u prepare the lash then isolate?

Thank you for your feedback though x

I agree I think you need to add more lashes, how many did you do? It doesn't look like theres too much on there, you probably just got a bit flustered with them crossing over, you just need to try to isolate them basically, the brush isnt going to seperate them if they naturally cross over.

As for whether you isolate first or prepare the lash it depends on how fast you are, If you can isolate quickly then you can grab your lash, dip in glue, then isolate and apply before the glue dries. If it takes you a while to find a lash and isolate it then you're better off isolating it with your separating tweezers, and holding that hand steady, pick up your lash and dip with your other hand.

It takes a few sets to get the hang of it though so dont give up! I almost gave up because I'd get so frustrated with lashes crossing over too.

xx

I felt like I did loads because I was there for 2 hours but we was strapped for time as she had to go for school run, but looking at them now I can see they could definitely look alot kore fuller.

In my training the assessor taught us to stick soem micro tape on the back of our hand and place lashes on there. Do you do that? Maybe that could be slowing me down but yeh I am going to keep practising.

How long does it take you to do yours now?

You did a good job for your first time and you had tricky lashes to work with. Eyelash extensions can take 1-2.5hrs for full set

I was told to do the same thing in my training which is ridiculous as you can buy strips of lashes which saves so much time! Also are you only using one length? Try to mix lengths to give a more 3d look. Don't be downhearted its a tricky thing to master and took me ages! A lot of it is down to finding the right lashes, tweezers and glue for you and plenty of practice! Good luck!

Thanks guys. This is another set I did on a friend but I can see where I used to much glue and maybe didn't place the lash close enough to the root. Both friends said there lashes didn't last, they lost some in their sleep and 1 or 2 fell out. Although to be honest I can't control how they sleep and if they decide to pick them off without me trying to fix it. However if it is my fault would it be down to the glue or my technique?

Attachments

• 1444068092628.jpg
    1444068092628.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 136
Both! You need to make sure there's enough glue on your lash at pick up, the natural lash has enough glue stroked against it, then place in correct position. That set is a great improvement though keep practising it will all come eventually, I wasn't a natural at lashes it took a long time for me to get good at them and also to enjoy doing them! I love doing lashes now though and make good money from it. Just stick with it x

Latest posts

Back