First set of L+P enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxJackiexx

Reaction score
Hi ladies ,I'm being very brave doing this lol these are my first ever set of l+p.These where done on day 3 of my foundation l + p course with cnd . I know they are poor and I have an awful lot to learn , but I thought id share them .
This is the only picture I got so I cant show you other angles- I just didn't think at the time .
All comments welcome xx

Last edited:
For your first go, you have done really well.

Even your smile lines are pretty good for a first go.

You have some frillies on your lower arch that you could file away and maybe file those sidewalls in a tad but seriously, you have done really well.
Pat yourself on the back, keep practicing and you will get there.

Make sure you keep this photo and check back to it in a years time and compare, you will be amazed at how far you have come in that year.

aww thankyou very much wooshka for your kind words and advice . I know there are many many faults . I did struggle filing the side wall as I was scared that I was going to file the skin .I'm going to watch the dvd again that came with my training kit and have another go tonight.
I've been practising on a box of tips but its not the same as a real human nail.
My poor abused partner has said I can do a set on him as long as I promise to remove them straight after and promise not to post any pictures on facebook of him with 'lady' nails lol xx

Hey Jackie first of all bravo for being brave enough to post such a large image of your first nails as a large picture only makes any faults look larger :lol:.

My first thoughts are ... pretty good smiles there for a first set so well done on those!

My second thought is that the biggest thing spoiling these at the moment is the fact that there is just too much product in zone 2 (the stress area) and when that happens, it distorts the shape of the nails and also makes integrating your zone 3 bead that much harder for you.

Zone two needs a bit more product for strength, but not 'loads' more product. You can see, that when you add too much product, the difference between Z1 and Z3 is too pronounced; the angles too harsh.

These nails could look much more attractive just with some extra filing in the Z2 area to reduce the amount and therefore the angles to a more natural curvature. Let your 'eye' tell you what to do and you will be so much more pleased.

Finally, sort those side walls out so that they are straight and I always use a professional thin wooden file for this which will be kinder to the skin in the immediate area (remember to gently pinch the side walls as you are filing to keep the skin away from where you are filing).

You will be really pleased with the result and so will your model!

Thankyou very much Gigi for your comments . I don't think I actually did pinch the skin whilst filing the sidewalls so it's no wonder I found that part scary . Will definitely remember that on the next set that I do and will pay more attention to zone two.
Hopefully on the next set I post up there will be some improvement to the mentioned areas .

Re the large picture , if nothing else it's easier to see where I've gone wrong without the risk of eyestrain :lol: xx

Latest posts

Back