Flyer drops

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dollface_xx

Hair | Beauty | Nails
Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I was just wondering how much success you've had overall from flyer dropping? And what is it that you drop? Ie: biz card, treatment list/offer

Hiya,

Well targeted leaflet drop campaigns do work and still remain a great effective marketing tool when done correctly.

I always suggest dropping price lists. Business cards get lost in letterboxes very easily.

If you have any questions regarding suggested amount etc then I am happy to give my opinion :)

Hiya,

Well targeted leaflet drop campaigns do work and still remain a great effective marketing tool when done correctly.

I always suggest dropping price lists. Business cards get lost in letterboxes very easily.

If you have any questions regarding suggested amount etc then I am happy to give my opinion :)

Hi sorry to butt in the thread! What do you mean by well targeted?

Hi sorry to butt in the thread! What do you mean by well targeted?

Well well targeted is basically several steps you need to think about:
1. Are you going to do it yourself or pay a company?
2. Pick an area and stick to it. Affluent area or more working class?
3. Quantity of leaflets - normally 5,000. - this will vary on your area but most places 5,000 is a good starting point.
4. If you go for 5,000 pick either 1,250 homes approx or 2,500 homes. If it was me I'd pick 1,250. Then plan to deliver 5000 spread out across either fortnightly or monthly over the same houses until you run out.
5. Select a new area and repeat above.

It's trial and error but you should see a return on investment if done in above way depending on area and market saturation levels.

BP is right,
Pick your areas correctly, there is no point, say, in flyer dropping in a predominantly elderly area if you offer spray tan and hair extensions.

I've done drops with my beauty therapist, we only had 1,000 each, posted price lists and attached 2 vouchers to them so they can use them with us both.

We planned our target areas and got a good return, I gain 10 new hair clients, my therapist gained 7 for nails and pedicures and a percentage of each booked with the other too... As BP said, it works if done correctly

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well well targeted is basically several steps you need to think about:
1. Are you going to do it yourself or pay a company?
2. Pick an area and stick to it. Affluent area or more working class?
3. Quantity of leaflets - normally 5,000. - this will vary on your area but most places 5,000 is a good starting point.
4. If you go for 5,000 pick either 1,250 homes approx or 2,500 homes. If it was me I'd pick 1,250. Then plan to deliver 5000 spread out across either fortnightly or monthly over the same houses until you run out.
5. Select a new area and repeat above.

It's trial and error but you should see a return on investment if done in above way depending on area and market saturation levels.

I don't understand number 4? Why only 1250 if you have 5000 leaflets?

I don't understand number 4? Why only 1250 if you have 5000 leaflets?

Because you will still be delivering the 5000 flyers, but only to the selected 1250 houses over the course of 2 weekly intervals until all 5000 are gone - it's so those same people see your name a few times so you're recognised...

If you just deliver once, you'll soon be forgotten x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back