For anyone looking for a desk right now

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimbogeri

Reaction score
Just been into Do It All (or Focus, as they call themselves now) and they have a new computer desk in for £34 which I'm seriously considering nabbing as a nail desk. It's called a pivoting computer desk because as well as the main body of the desk it has a section that pivots out on castors allowing you extra work space. Both concept and shape wise it's quite similar to the Arta nail station in Beauty Express.
The top is a sort of squisheed oval (ooh, how technical of me!), it doesn't have any drawers but on the right had side (as you sit at it) there are two shelves underneath the main body of the desk which could hold boxes of polish, UV lamp ect. The bit that pivots out from the left is a bit lower, but a perfect extra station area for say nail art, just as long as you have gas lift chairs so can drop down a couple of inches. The top is 59 cm deep so that'd be the distance between you and the client, and it's plenty wide enough to set up your station properly.
It's in a sort of beech wood colour and the legs and various other bits are silver metal.

Just thought I'd give a shout out as I know there are a few people setting up home salons right now and looking for desks.
Just make sure that those of you who shop in the East Grinstead branch leave one behind for me!! :D

Lol x

bimbogeri said:
Just been into Do It All (or Focus, as they call themselves now) and they have a new computer desk in for £34 which I'm seriously considering nabbing as a nail desk. It's called a pivoting computer desk because as well as the main body of the desk it has a section that pivots out on castors allowing you extra work space. Both concept and shape wise it's quite similar to the Arta nail station in Beauty Express.
The top is a sort of squisheed oval (ooh, how technical of me!), it doesn't have any drawers but on the right had side (as you sit at it) there are two shelves underneath the main body of the desk which could hold boxes of polish, UV lamp ect. The bit that pivots out from the left is a bit lower, but a perfect extra station area for say nail art, just as long as you have gas lift chairs so can drop down a couple of inches. The top is 59 cm deep so that'd be the distance between you and the client, and it's plenty wide enough to set up your station properly.
It's in a sort of beech wood colour and the legs and various other bits are silver metal.

Just thought I'd give a shout out as I know there are a few people setting up home salons right now and looking for desks.
Just make sure that those of you who shop in the East Grinstead branch leave one behind for me!! :D

Lol x
Or try Ikea...they do a kidney shaped desk which is height adjustable...white and red about £40 quid I think...

lol....peanut..lol nice one dianne...I am thinking of buying this any feedback is gladly r eceive

OOOH like the lilac and silver one!! been looking for a cheap nail table, that looks ideal, thanks x

haven't got it myself, but had just been looking on the ikea website when you posted...i still like Daryl's idea (talontedbitch) how she made her own desk...it's under the log cabin thread

bimbogeri said:

Lol x
Do you know what the length is? I'm looking for somthing smaller right now for the salon I'm in!

Lynn x

Not off the top of my head but as I've finally won dad round on opening the home salon (hurrah!) I'll go back to get the rest of the measurements tomorrow.
x

Hey all. Picked up my desk today and have the measurements for anyone who wants it. I'll try and do a quick sketch or something later, but here goes:
The main body of the desk is a flattened oval - slightly wider at the back (tech side) than the front (customer side). At its widest point it's 1.18m wide, and it's 57cm deep. The bit that pivots out is sort of a fat petal shape - the narrow end it the pivot end so stays underneath the desk. It's 60cm wide at it's widest point, and pivoted out so that it's at right angles from the desk it adds 50cm to the depth of the desk, and makes the desk 155cm wide.
Not a great deal of help unless you can picture it, I know - will try to get pics up as soon as :)
Lol x

Fab Freak said:
lol....peanut..lol nice one dianne...I am thinking of buying this any feedback is gladly r eceive
Hello

I've been to IKEA and brought the Peanut desk its very nice and large in size, so you can get everything on there. I've brought one with a White top and Bright pink for the legs, I've brought a swivel chair to match also in Bright Pink and a matching waste paper bin also in Bright pink. I'm very pleased with it. My boyfriend things that i've gone pink mad, but I love it and hope that the clients do too. :D

SNAP!! I went and bought the peanut one too, but i got the dark lilac one, they had run out of legs in silver so i had to get turqoise! only colour they had, but hubby is going to spray them silver for me so thats ok.

They also do a long thin table top which i was thinking of having (bit like the worktop)but he talked me out of that as you can fit more stuff on the peanut one. i thought it would be ideal with one end attached to the wall on a bracket or something, and one or two thick chrome legs on the other end, a bargain! x

I bought his one several months ago,it's FAB.

Latest posts

Back