Formaldehyde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissMuggle

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the risks are of having formaldehyde in Brazilian blow dry products and what it actually does?

Formaldehyde is a very strong and potentially lethal chemical that is heavily regulated in the UK.
The products that you can legitimately buy in the UK contain very low percentages of the stuff but if you bought straightening products from abroad, you can't guarantee they would be safe to use.

I have a client who I have used Nov max on which she loves. However she is now asking me if I can get her some to try on her daughter who lives abroad! Trying to come up with a polite , legitimate way of saying no, as If I do this, I have potentially lost a client. [emoji102]

Just fire facts at her and state as it's dangerous chemical in the wrong hands can be lethal and not to be used by untrained people , send her links off Google, don't be afraid to say no

Formaldehyde preserves dead bodies right?!

Why would anyone, in their right mind want that on their hair, skin, in their lungs while applying etc etc?!

No offence to her. But she sounds like a numpty. You wouldn't play with asbestos (or a million and one other chemicals) without full training why play with formaldehyde without training. I'm not sure I'd be particularly keen with training.

Exactly Tori, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. This stuff is regulated for a reason

@Tori1992 - I think telling someone 'it's mainly used by Mortuaries to preserve dead bodies' is brilliant!

I'll try to remember that next time. :)

Latest posts

Back