free level 2 training at college does anyone know

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VICKYBROOKES

Reaction score
... wht the criteria is for this . tony has mailed me to let me know about this . i was told i wasnt eligable for this , but hes got me thinking now!!lol i worked in retail for 4 years and did nvq2 in retail and level 3 customer services . but they were not full time courses . they were work based . i took 2 yrs doing the retail one and 1 yr to do customer service . do u think i would be eligable for a course in beauty at my college . im 24 nearly 25and dont get benifits that entitle me to free training , any help would be great thanks . also i have a 1 yr old and currently not working . x

hi there you should be do u get family credit/working tax / child tax if you earn under 15'000 a year you get the course free . also you can apply for a grant to help with uniforms ect phone the college . when i was doing my nail course i was working full time at a shop and went to college thinking id have to pay but i got the whole course free .even if you had to pay some of it you can pay in installments hthh

... wht the criteria is for this . tony has mailed me to let me know about this . i was told i wasnt eligable for this , but hes got me thinking now!!lol i worked in retail for 4 years and did nvq2 in retail and level 3 customer services . but they were not full time courses . they were work based . i took 2 yrs doing the retail one and 1 yr to do customer service . do u think i would be eligable for a course in beauty at my college . im 24 nearly 25and dont get benifits that entitle me to free training , any help would be great thanks . also i have a 1 yr old and currently not working . x

Sorry you've lost me a bit here....
Who's Tony?
The courses at my local college had to be paid for but if you were in receipt of certain benefits I think that they were free or at a reduced rate. x

hi i dont get working tax credit or housing benifit . only a small amount of child tax credit for my dd aged 1 . our income is over 15,000 so i doubt i will be eligable . i looked into grant . the orinces trust phoned me and said i mite get £100 but never got bak to me ! my local college is offering level 2 nail tec and i really want to strt in jan with this . was thinking i mite get a job to pay for this but dont think i will have time to be a house wife look after lo and work and train at the same time . i have already spent alot on training that i started this yr . wnted to do a college course rather than a private one .

tony is another geeklette from the next thread down . the guy who gonna abandon his dream lol (only joking tony )

tony is another geeklette from the next thread down . the guy who gonna abandon his dream lol (only joking tony )

Aah ok I know who you mean now.

i have just emailed my local college that offers the courses in bracknell. hopefully they can shed some light as to what help i can get if any . i will post the response on here in case it helps anyone else keep ur fingers crossed that they will help me!lol

There is a government incentive, cant remember what its called but basically if you are aged up to 25 and taking your first level 2 or 3 qual you get it funded, or over 25 and studying your first level 2. If you have 5 or more gcses above c that counts as a level 2 qualification so you wouldnt get funding.....if you have already done 2 and 3 in retail then you won't get fundin, it dosnt matter if it was work based training full or part time. I got my NVQ 2 paid for last year, as I only got 4 GCSEs above C and had never done an NVQ or simililar before.

If you earn too much to get it funded due to income then you can apply for a career development loan, your college can give you the info.hths:hug:

When I did my NVQ, I had no income at all and didn't get a penny because i took the time to study for my A Levels two years previously :rolleyes:Education is not necessarily a good thing, lol.

As Garfield has said, if you have an NVQ l2 or equivalent (as described) you will not be eligible for funding.:cry:

ok thanks geeks . i eill just hve to save for ages to py for a course . its really annoying as i want to start learning and earning within the next year . it peeves me off that i dont get any help at all ! and i want to work!!!!!! maddness! also my college have said to phone the info line to talk to someone in detail about this .so mite still phone in case they can help still. thanks for the info tho guys . hope some of u will still get the benifit from these schemes xxits worth taking advantage of.

I take it that this means that if you've done further education (i.e. done a degree or something higher than an NVQ) that this will also mean that you're not eligible for freebie course?

Thats right hun Om afraid. Unless you qualify on the earnings, if you earn less than £15k a year you get some of the fee paid.:)

Thats right hun Om afraid. Unless you qualify on the earnings, if you earn less than £15k a year you get some of the fee paid.:)

Dang. :irked:

Mind you, I only work part-time, so I might qualify for something. The only prob is that my other half is currently on a good wage, although he's due to start working as a driving instructor fairly soon and will be earning less.

I wasn't working at all when I did my NVQ 2, and had no source of income e.g. benefits and was still told that I would receive no funding!

I start my beauty NVQ2 next month but have to pay in full as I have GCSEs, A levels & a degree. I never expected to get funding as I already have a full time job & qualifications but they went through everything anyway so they do try their best for you. Does your local college have an open day coming up? Most are having them at the moment as its enrollment time. The best way to find out where you stand is to go to an open day as the people you need to see will be there. Even if you can't do the course you want right now, you may find something else to do instead. Different courses have different types of funding available.

I went to my local college open day looking at teaching nails. I came away signed up for beauty and my boyfriend (with no qualifications but masses of experience in his area) was offered a job teaching a course that he could write himself :irked: Think something went slightly wrong there!

Latest posts

Back