French designs with a twist - ideas please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumpapple

Reaction score
Hi I have a client coming on Monday who is quite keen to have a french but doesn't want a 'boring french' as she called it. She would like something different. I've seen a few ideas by searching on google but nothing quite seems to tick the boxes yet. Can anyone share any ideas they have seen or done please?
Many Thanks!

You could try glitter tips, or coloured tips , try switching the base colour so black nail red tip? I'm
Doing a bride and she's having a white tip that is blended into handpainted white lace so not just a crisp line ! You could make your French tip out of small dots or do more of an ombré as apposed to a straight line ! Xx hope it's helped a Bit ! X

Has she said what colours she likes? I suppose you could do any 2 colours and they definitely wouldn't be boring as she said.
Try black with silver or gold tips.
Or white with pink kind of like the reverse french. Ive seen bright pink with white tips and they looked nice too.hth :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Pink with gold tip is one of my favorites

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Great post idea. Id love to see any pics :)

Have a look at Robin Moses, Liverpool Lashes and Cutenails. All awesome in their own way. Hope that gives you a couple of ideas. And you could also have a look at the Nail Boss, may be something you can adapt from there. These can all be found on Instagram. x

I like traditional French with a thin line of glitter separating the pink and white areas, a simple touch but I think it adds interest.
But then I think I'm addicted to glitter any excuse to add some and I'm happy :)
Recently I've seen a lot of tips with a v shaped smile line rather than a rounded one.

I saw white tips a while ago, may have been pro impression, with little lovebhearts punched out of the tip. I quiet like that :)
Or white with silver holo glotter on top....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Black with white tips & a bit glitter? Could look quite nice! Xx

How about a V line instead of a smile line. a nice crisp V line in a color other than white (I love it in silver or gold) and then a thin line of another color with a natural/pink/buff base... i don't have a photo with me as I'm working a double shift at the hospital (ok, and a tad bored which is why I'm on SG :o)
i found a similar one but i don't do so many colors as this
Nail Art, Nail Designs, Nail Trends, Glitter Nails, China Glaze | NAILPRO

Latest posts

Back