• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Salon Geek and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Fresh out of school-having interveiw troubles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitkatt69

Reaction score
Hello geeks,
I am new to this forum. Found the app and have been reading tips and tricks, i love it. so helpful!
Anywho, I am new to the scene fresh out of school for esthetics. I graduated with top marks in theory and practical, always knew i wanted to be in the beauty industy and school just solidified that for me. I was constantly praised for my work ethic and cleanliness around the spa. Now that Im out (1 week) I have had two interveiws. Im always a nervous wreck but feel more comfortable now that I have knowedge of what Im getting myself into. I havent gotten a call back and feel somewhat discouraged. A fair number of girls in my school have jobs in spa`s. I can confidently say I was one of the top 3 best in class. Constanly working at improving my skills. I thought i had a full time beauty consultant job, durring the "interveiw" they talked about their business, how they started it, the usual commission, vacations and pay. Said they would call me for a second interveiw with the owner. They didnt ask about my skills ect. That was 4 days ago, is it alright to call and inquire about a second interveiw or what i could have improved on?I had such a good feeling about it when i left. Any interveiw do's and dont's would be greatly appreciated!!!
:confused:

Sent from my GT-I9100M using SalonGeek mobile app

Always call and ask where you're up to in the interview process if they haven't gotten back to you.

Just be polite, be yourself, have fun. You know your stuff. They know you know your stuff. You'll get there :)

Hay KatKatt :)
Always do a bit of background research on the business you're applying for, most end an interview with...anything you would like to ask me? Don't be afraid to Ask if you have any questions, if they have enough info for you just just say... You covered everything I would of asked,
Be confident, if they ask why do you want this job, be a little more precise than .. Always wanted to work in beauty... Really sell yourself in there, blow your own trumpet without being over confident
You will get there, as the PP said, always give them a polite call if not heard after a few days, and ask for interview feedback if your weren't successful :)

Latest posts

Back