Friend had baby 3 days after I gave her a luxury pedi :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just thought I would tell you all my friend was due her baby next Friday (26th March). On Wednesday she came to me desperate for a pedi for her feet and I told her she'd better not blame me if she went into labour!

I used a home made luxury chocolate scrub recipe (no oils apart from corn oil) and just massaged her feet gently with it after soaking, then polished her toe nails.

Well, I just got a text with a gorgeous picture of Erin Rose :green: born early this morning!

I think if anything it just made her relaxed. She hasn't had a good time of it lately as her brother died a couple of weeks ago and his funeral is on Tuesday, so I think she deserved a pampering.

Have you ever given a lady a pedi and she had the baby sooner than her due date? :)

xx

Aww, congrats to your friend :green:

Don't think I've ever had a client go into labour after a treatment from me, BUT...

Emily, now 8, was due 16th September but didn't make an appearance. The 18th is my birthday so I went into the salon & had a mani & pedi early afternoon. Later that day, went into full on labour & Emily was born at 10.30 that evening. So we share a birthday :green:

Fast forward 2 & a bit years. Pregnant with Isabella, now 6. A week before her due date I go into the salon for an eyelash tint & a bikini wax. Get my tint done 1st & lying there I'm thinking, hmmm, I have a feeling I'll be in hospital this weekend so cancel the bik wax. Get home just after 12.00. Long story short, end up going to hospital & Isabella made her appearance into the world at 4.36 that afternoon :green:

Ooohhh my sisters due the 30th....may have to do some pampering!! Doing her lashes monday so that might be the beginning :) :) :) will let you no!! :-D xx

Not pedicures as such but I know of some massage therapists that are doulas and actually help mums to birth!

I also know of Reflexologists who have helped things along too.

When I used to have reflexoligy, there is this move i think around the ancles that has something to do with fertility etc. Im sure she said there were certain things she wouldnt do on pregnant ladies. I wonder if any holistic therapists could shed some light on this for us? x

I used both aromatherapy oils and stimulated reflex points on my feet and within half an hour my contractions started....taught me a very healthy respect for both treatments!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Yes that is correct about the points in the ankles.

As a Reflexologist, going back I was taught use if you want to bring on but be very careful when they are not due.

Reflexology, well it might not be for everyone but these ladies seemed to like it

Reflexology - Success Stories

When I had some issues along these line the reflex points on my feet were absolute agony and my therapist knew instantly what it was.

Latest posts

Back