From all over blonde to level 7 with highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ND2304

Reaction score
Hi all,
Ok so my client has all over colour which she does a lot of root touch ups at home herself and when I occasionally do it I use 9.1 in L'Oréal. Naturally she is a Level 7/6 with about 30% grey especially round the hairline. Her hair is very porous and if she is to put say a Level 8 in all over in a weeks time it looks like it's been bleached/high lift tinted all over.
She wants to give her hair a break from all over blonde as it has got very dry over summer and has sent me a picture which I'll try attach. If it doesn't attach She wants a Level 7 all over with blonde highlights but I'm struggling in my head the best way to go about it with timings / pre pigging weaving the highlights etc etc. Can any of you help me with how you would tackle this and the easiest way to go about it?
I am trained with L'Oréal but have a Sally's card, I hear well as president pig you don't have to wash out?
Thanks guys

If she's doing it herself, is she taking it through every time rather than just doing the roots?
That would account for it being dry and very porous.

Sounds like she needs to stop doing diy colouring and focus on doing some deep conditioning treatments with Olaplex added to the mix.

If she's a level 7 naturally, are you proposing to add some level 7 lowlights through the mids and ends? If so, couldn't you just balayage the colour on? Stick with a direct semi rather than an oxidised tint to limit further damage to the cuticle layer.

If she's doing it herself, is she taking it through every time rather than just doing the roots?
That would account for it being dry and very porous.

Sounds like she needs to stop doing diy colouring and focus on doing some deep conditioning treatments with Olaplex added to the mix.

If she's a level 7 naturally, are you proposing to add some level 7 lowlights through the mids and ends? If so, couldn't you just balayage the colour on? Stick with a direct semi rather than an oxidised tint to limit further damage to the cuticle layer.

No she hasn't been taking it through, never does, it just goes awful over summer no matter what she does, she uses heat protector etc but the sun just literally ruins her hair it's strange.
The picture she has shown me is a Level 7 all over colour with some blonde highlights still in there, just unsure how to do it as I've always thought I would have to pre pig to go to a 7? So unsure if I'm over complicating it by thinking I'd have to weave out foils in conditioner, pre pig rest of hair. Wash off, go in and weave them all out again to proceed with the level 7 all over?
If I did fill head foils of 2 x 7 to 1 x bleach how would I go about pre pigging the Level 7 foils or would I not have to?
Sorry if this is confusing x

Goldwell do a 7 in their colorance lowlight range which you can use without pre-pigging. Or even their 7nn in colorance cover plus would be fine, done it loads of times to break up highlights and looks lovely. I would just apply your 7n in permanent for the roots and stretch it down then put in your foils with the lowlights where you want them with the Demi .

Hi could you not weave out some of her blonde in packets with conditioner instead of tint ( if it's light enough and to save it from anymore chemical processing ) then use a Demi level 7 ( colour touch 7/7 or 7/73 contain enough warmth with no need to pre pig )
If you want a cooler 7 , add some base 7

thanks for the suggestions! My plan is to weave out with conditioner then use probably wella colour touch which wouldn't require the pre pigging! Thanks :) x

Latest posts

Back