From dark brown back to my natural ginger?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msASPRA

Reaction score
Hello to anyone who can help.
My natural hair colour is titian (ginger) and it is naturally curly.
about a year ago I applied a nice and easy permanent chestnut dark brown colour to my hair and with vast regrowth of ginger roots every 4-6 weeks have had to keep dying it!
My hair used to be full long and vibrant now its thin and shrunk and in terrible conditon.
I really want to get it back to my natural colour and condition(beautiful curls) but dont know how to go about this. i know i could grow the colour out but my hair looks horrendous with ginger roots coming through.I was told i would have to get my hair stripped then have another colour similar to my natural colour before i can get back to my titan colour. I am worried about this as my hair is in poor condition to start with so any advice please?. Also I do not have much money to get this done.

have a good cut and a few conditioning treatments . you wont get it back to exactly your natural colour until it grows out. However there are things that you can do to help your hair stop looking horrendously rooty .1 - go to a hairdressers and get them to do foils on your parting and hairline (cheaper than a full head will get you by 4 a while ) lowlight to the same colour as the dark and a few lightened ones to help get rid of the build up of dark on the ends 2- have a hairdresser do a very mild bleach bath/ stripper on the end to bring it up to a slightly lighter warm brown and then a semi to blend in the roots ( only have the stripper once this will dry your hair the most)3- the hardest for you - change your colour for a semi and depending on the fade change up for a shade lighter warmer colour every time - this wont get rid of the dark at the ends but will stop any further build up and blend it in adding shine -and it wont dry your hair out as much as any thing else then you can gradually cut the dark out . hope this helps

I am not a hair geek but as someone who has done some terrible things to herself with dye, the best thing is to get it cut as short as you can possibly bear. Can be painful at the time, but bitter experience has taught me it's better to have short hair and get the colour and condition back ASAP than to have long, damaged, dyed hair hanging around for years and years.
If you follow the advice Liana kay has given you and combine it with the bravest haircut of your life :hug:, you'll be back to your best before you know it!

Latest posts

Back