Frustrated: Nouveau nail one step gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getnailed0x

Reaction score
Hey geeks. Hopefully someone will reply to this thread. It seems like most of the time when I post no one replies. I just switched products to nouveau nail. I love the L&P! Another nail tech uses the one step gel in crystal clear thick as a top coat and uses it to secure rhinestones and embellishment and they last for weeks along with its shine. I use it and it comes out dull after I wipe away the residue. I've cured it for 2 mins like it says all the way to 5 mins. And it still comes out dull. Not bad but it's nothing no where near it should be. I also have a brand new lamp and it's around the same wattage as the Nouveau nail one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

*and I have tried to contact melodee and the other nail tech but haven't gotten a response yet *

Thats weird , what do you use to wipe it , maybe it affects the shine x

I use 91% isopropyl alcohol like I have with all my other gels I've used in the past. The other nail tech uses it too, from what I've seen in her videos. I'm wondering if I got a hold of a bad batch.

I use 91% isopropyl alcohol like I have with all my other gels I've used in the past. The other nail tech uses it too, from what I've seen in her videos. I'm wondering if I got a hold of a bad batch.

I'm afraid I can't add anything as I've not used this gel....yet but I've been searching high and low for an answer to this question! Is Noveaux One step a soak off or a hard gel?

I'm afraid I can't add anything as I've not used this gel....yet but I've been searching high and low for an answer to this question! Is Noveaux One step a soak off or a hard gel?

The one I have I believe is a hard gel. They offer a soak off as well. But I made sure I got this one instead.

It doesn't specify if it is a hard gel or not. But I'm pretty sure it is lol. There isn't a lot of information on their products. You do have to buff it off. So it should be labeled as a hard gel.

Last edited:
The one I have I believe is a hard gel. They offer a soak off as well. But I made sure I got this one instead.

It doesn't specify if it is a hard gel or not.

Thanks for the reply, I thought it didn't really specify I've been searching high and low for an answer on this! Not a lot of info out there on this gel, but I've read good reviews about it.

I've heard tons of great reviews too. Especially as using it as a top coat for rhinestones and encasing nail art with it being durable. I'm just flustered bc it takes away all most all of the shine. It's okay but a lot of clients state they like what it looks like before I wipe lol

I've got cnd lamp so don't know if it's similar but one of the girls on my course didn't peel the seal inside the lamp off properly and couldn't get her shellac to fully cure! Have you checked all the seal is off the lamp and bulbs are working etc? X

I've got cnd lamp so don't know if it's similar but one of the girls on my course didn't peel the seal inside the lamp off properly and couldn't get her shellac to fully cure! Have you checked all the seal is off the lamp and bulbs are working etc? X

Yes. All of my gel polish cures and is fine. It's just this particular gel.

Latest posts

Back