Full head of foils gone too light

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceri'louise

Reaction score
IMG_0337.JPG
IMG_0338.JPG
IMG_0337.JPG IMG_0338.JPG hi geeks, I've had a full head of foils done last night and my hair just looks so light almost white and my natural colour is quite a dark brown
This was my first full head so there's still some brown in there which is making the blonde look even lighter and it doesn't seem to blend well at all. I also have the train track lines from where she's done the foils which is annoying.
Was wondering if I put a wella. 10/1 and 9/1 toner on would it help even it out and also would it be okay with 6% or does toners have to be pastel

Attachments

• IMG_0320.JPG
    IMG_0320.JPG
    515.8 KB · Views: 158
Hello and welcome to the site.

Are you a qualified hair professional please?

I would get your money back as the foils are not to the root & left a hard line.

Don't use them toners it will go grey! And that's awful if you had that done last night.. you have waaaay too much root! X

You need to get your self a good hairdresser.

Hello I am yes in level 2 and 3 but haven't done hair for over a year now due to having a baby so I've forgot a lot stuff.
In the end I put a 9/1 and 10/1 ash toner on and it worked
Softened it out loads and blended it
Still not 100% happy because to me my hair looks stripey because of the amount of brown left, but I know that's only because it was my first full head

Hello I am yes in level 2 and 3 but haven't done hair for over a year now due to having a baby so I've forgot a lot stuff.
In the end I put a 9/1 and 10/1 ash toner on and it worked
Softened it out loads and blended it
Still not 100% happy because to me my hair looks stripey because of the amount of brown left, but I know that's only because it was my first full head
It doesn't look striped because it was your first full head, the application of foils wasn't a great job. If she had used a finer weave and they were applied closer to the root I doubt you would have had that problem.

Don't use 10/1 + 9/1 with 6% because it'll shift your natural colour to something warm and shift your highlights ashy which will make them look even whiter. I'd use either a 9/0 or an 8/0 with 1.5%peroxide or similar and leave it on for 5/10 minutes (guessing there- just watch it, you'll see if it's going too dark) Or better yet get a hairdresser to do it... that will tone the whole thing down and make those track marks less obvious too. On the other hand you could get some lowlights put through. Xx

View attachment 204579 View attachment 204580 View attachment 204579 View attachment 204580 hi geeks, I've had a full head of foils done last night and my hair just looks so light almost white and my natural colour is quite a dark brown
This was my first full head so there's still some brown in there which is making the blonde look even lighter and it doesn't seem to blend well at all. I also have the train track lines from where she's done the foils which is annoying.
Was wondering if I put a wella. 10/1 and 9/1 toner on would it help even it out and also would it be okay with 6% or does toners have to be pastel
Hi i would put a toner on and you be fine!! 9 will be fine but it will tone down anyway and mix in with your own hair but yes a 9 wI'll be good xx

Hi i would put a toner on and you be fine!! 9 will be fine but it will tone down anyway and mix in with your own hair but yes a 9 wI'll be good xx
Mind i have to say there is a big root for just having your hair done bless xx

Latest posts

Back