Full-head tint to full-head highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starboltz

Reaction score
So on my lady I usually do an 8.00 on her level 7 roots all over. She's only got grey at the front on her head but its very resistant.

I'm doing a full head highlights today to get her lighter, and I'm not sure what to use as her tint/in between colour now. If I keep her base colour a level 8, wouldn't her regrowth come through more noticeable considering the rest will be a level 10?

I'm thinking maybe I should do a full head of highlights, and make the in between colour a 7 to match her natural?

So on my lady I usually do an 8.00 on her level 7 roots all over. She's only got grey at the front on her head but its very resistant.

I'm doing a full head highlights today to get her lighter, and I'm not sure what to use as her tint/in between colour now. If I keep her base colour a level 8, wouldn't her regrowth come through more noticeable considering the rest will be a level 10?

I'm thinking maybe I should do a full head of highlights, and make the in between colour a 7 to match her natural?
You could try doing a mix of 7 and 10 highlights as it would break up the roots. Blond always looks blonder next to a darker colour. Or use a semi as the tint so that it fades as opposed to grows out. I do this on a couple of clients, it means you can change the base colour each time and gives less noticeable root regrowth. Good luck! Remember there's no one right answer both ways will look great follow you're instinct.

You could try doing a mix of 7 and 10 highlights as it would break up the roots. Blond always looks blonder next to a darker colour. Or use a semi as the tint so that it fades as opposed to grows out. I do this on a couple of clients, it means you can change the base colour each time and gives less noticeable root regrowth. Good luck! Remember there's no one right answer both ways will look great follow you're instinct.

do you think if I painted in between a 7.00 or 8.00+7.00 equal parts on the regrowth that'd be ok? I want her roots to grow in better. She's a natural level 7. I can only use a semi on the ends, as I need to both lift and cover her grey hair (which is resistant)

I have a client exactly the same.i was doing 8.00 then we decided to start highlighting it so dropped the base to a 7,does look really good,the regrowth isn't to bad at all as the highlights blend it all in

I have a client exactly the same.i was doing 8.00 then we decided to start highlighting it so dropped the base to a 7,does look really good,the regrowth isn't to bad at all as the highlights blend it all in

That's why I did and it turned out great and looked so much blonder and brighter! It's going to grow out lovely I think

Latest posts

Back